News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Do Something (my first shitty-unoriginal attempt at a rant)

Started by guest7654, July 13, 2007, 10:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest7654

Its time to do something. 

Even if its wrong. *

We sit here and complain.  We bitch about society, the government, the piles of bull-shit dumped on us daily.

"But what do we do?"  You say.  "How can we stop this downward-spiral?"

Well, I sure as hell don't know.  But that doesn't mean we should just take our seats and be spectators like good little boys and girls.  It doesn't mean we should ignore what is going on and just worry about ourselves. 

Inaction will result in worse societies, worse governments, and much larger piles of shit covering up the truths.

We may complain about these things now, but what happens when you don't have time to complain?  What happens when you aren't allowed to complain?  What happens when you no longer know what to complain about???

This is what THEYtm want.  They want everything so ordered and predictable that they don't have to worry anymore.  So that they can all sleep soundly.

They don't want any breakthoughs or major shifts putting them out of business.  They don't even want to see the slightest ripple in the water.  They want the boat so steady their house-of-cards wont fall over.  But expect poison from standing water my friends.

They want to know just exactly how you will behave, so that they can easily profit.  And THEY are doing it.  THEY are winning the game and starting to run away with it.  We need to put a stop to their momentum and put a few points on the board.

We may not have a chance in hell, but we can at least be a pain in their asses.  Then again, there have probably been greater comebacks in history.  Get pumped up Bob-dammit. 

And do something. 

Even if its wrong.

*(Just don't get caught.  And if it turns out to be wrong, we don't know you.)

BumWurst

Finding out who "THEY" are would be a start.

Once people discover who they are, we could give them crabs. I'd like to see anyone run the NWO with an itchy groin.
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

hunter s.durden

Also, who's the target audience here?
Us?

Most of us are out there working hard, we just know how so STFU.
This space for rent.

tyrannosaurus vex

you cannot stop the downward spiral of which you speak.

the best you can hope for is to force yourself to live for another 1,000 years or so and then claim credit when the tyrants beaurocrats all die of natural causes.

in the meantime, go break laws that don't protect anyone, and don't get arrested (or do, sometimes you can mindfuck from jail too).
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

Quote from: BumWurst on July 13, 2007, 01:33:11 PM
Finding out who "THEY" are would be a start.

Once people discover who they are, we could give them crabs. I'd like to see anyone run the NWO with an itchy groin.

I think there is a thread about that in the BIP forum. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

guest7654

The audience isn't this board.  It is just people in general that see the
fucked-up-ness but don't know who to blame or what actions to take.

And yes, IMO "THEY" don't even know who "THEY" are.  Or they wouldn't be doing it.  I like the headless-monster theory.  Nobodies in charge trying to impose hell on earth.  It is just those filled with greed, bigotry, fear of change, fear of differences. 

And I guess THEY must have been good for survival at some point because they are still around and seem to be in charge of most things.  But the time has come to purge this societal-mutation for it has outlived its usefullness. 

Like JFK (I think it was him) said, "we must put an end to war or war will put an end to us."  Not that war is the only threat they pose.

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

guest7654

BumWurst

Quote from: hunter s.durden on July 13, 2007, 02:25:45 PM
Everybody is somebodys "they."

Yeah...

It's pointless to rail against the world when one can only see a tiny part of it, and in an entirely subjective way. I'm not sure that I believe that the cruelty, the unfairness, is even that coherent - just the cumulative effect of each man feathering his own nest. It's probable that there's no enemy to fight.
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

guest7654

Well, the enemy to fight is the evil powers that be.  Whether they be personal or impersonal. 

AFK

One of the first ones to cast off is that of oblivion.  Raising awareness, however the fuck you do that, will be a step in the right direction. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

guest7654

We should start a denomination of Christianity, just to....well, for many reasons.  If we haven't already.   :tinfoilhat:
More likeable than the Mormons, less annoying than the Jehovah's Witnesses, and able to partake in DMT consumption an a weekly basis!!!

LMNO

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 13, 2007, 02:51:59 PM
One of the first ones to cast off is that of oblivion.  Raising awareness, however the fuck you do that, will be a step in the right direction. 

Yes.

Even if they don't necessarily work, it's still satisfying. At least for me. I get a dose of lulz any time I do my stuff, and it keeps me buoyed and feeling good (and sometimes smugly superior, which is extra win!). That's worth something. It's worth even more if I can get the same reaction out of a couple other people, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

BumWurst

Quote from: rzasthole on July 13, 2007, 02:49:48 PM
Well, the enemy to fight is the evil powers that be.  Whether they be personal or impersonal. 

The Enlightenment thinkers believed that the greatest enemy was unreason, but they never took their propositions to their logical conclusion, because they were - for the most part - theists, having a literal belief in an Angry Sky-Daddy.

I've got some sympathy with the idea that the "evil powers," if they truly exist, are the vestiges of superstitious thought that still cloud judgement, fill people with worthless guilt, afflict the imagination and hamper creativity. People should free their own minds before attempting to free others, particularly since attempts to free those who do not believe themselves to be slaves, or are content in their slavery to their own preconceptions and neuroses, will not free anyone but only worsen the situation...

The government is composed of shortsighted, lying arseholes, that much is true, but the best you can do is set a fucking brilliant example. :sad:

It would be so much fun to break out the pitchforks and flaming torches though... :D