News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

The Good Book

Started by Kaienne, July 15, 2007, 09:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaienne

Quote from: Payne on July 22, 2007, 03:52:24 PM
Hey guys, you both have the right to call eachother whatever the fuck you want.

Hard feelings are, of course, allowed, but it's really only a word, after all.

I will call you by whatever word I feel is appropriate at the time, not whatever word YOU think is appropriate.

And that is directed at both Trip0 and Kai, and also those of you who debate the use of E-prime.

~~~Payne: Talks as he wants to, and encourages others to do the same.

Amen.
In a constant state of losing The Game.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Kaienne on July 22, 2007, 02:36:57 PM
Then call me whatever you want. Call me shithead if it really tickles your rocks in just the right way. I call me zhe and the people I actually give two shits about call me zhe. You don't like it? You don't matter. Deal.

so, if we don't feel like reprogramming our entire lingustic structure to suit your whim, we don't matter?

you know, I was trying really hard to not hate you, but you're making it impossible.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on July 23, 2007, 06:24:49 PM
Quote from: Kaienne on July 22, 2007, 02:36:57 PM
Then call me whatever you want. Call me shithead if it really tickles your rocks in just the right way. I call me zhe and the people I actually give two shits about call me zhe. You don't like it? You don't matter. Deal.

so, if we don't feel like reprogramming our entire lingustic structure to suit your whim, we don't matter?

you know, I was trying really hard to not hate you, but you're making it impossible.

this is the second time today you're saying what i'm thinking.

doesn't matter either, apparently.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

B_M_W

Quote from: Kaienne on July 22, 2007, 04:28:16 AM
'Cos I'm an androgyne, and zhe (also; zhir) is a nice, gender-neutral pronoun, and one that sounds aesthetically pleasing to me.

Okay, I know I am bringing the drama llama on more when I say this, and I know it has before, but it needs to be said. I am an androgyne as well, a person of mixed gender identification. I also preffer non gendered pronouns.

But let me say this in big letters: I WILL NEVER EVER EXPECT ANY PERSON TO USE THEM. EVER.

Telling people they got to bend way for you and all kind of shit like that is stupid. I'll take he or she or even Hey YUO! but I will never ask someone to use a specific pronoun when reffering to me, and if someone asked which one I preffered, I might tell them, but more likely I would just say "which ever one is easier". Because anything different moves beyond asking for basic respect and into bigoted inferiority complex territory.

And because of all the statements in this thread, I feel stupid for suggesting to people on IRC which pronouns you preffered, because I asked in the first place, and I thought it was the polite thing to do in my case.

I am quickly loosing respect for you, androgyne or not.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

AFK

How bout, "Hey Slappy!"

that's the one I like. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

"Slappy" works for me.

until the next time Slappy breaks out that broad brush to paint over "zher" (or is it "zhis"?) inferiority complex. Then I'm gonna start referring to Slappy as "Shitneck".

ECH,
not changing his ways to appease someone who isn't comfortable in their own skin
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

yeah, I do believe shitneck is technically a non-genderspecific reference.  Should be perfectly acceptable on all levels. 

LMNO

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on July 23, 2007, 07:09:26 PM
"Slappy" works for me.

until the next time Slappy breaks out that broad brush to paint over "zher" (or is it "zhis"?) inferiority complex. Then I'm gonna start referring to Slappy as "Shitneck".

How about "Zhit"?

You can guess how it's pronounced...

LMNO
-Zhitneck.

AFK

Didn't Zhitneck play for the L.A. Kings?

B_M_W

I hope ya'all don't lose any respect for me via association from this. This sort of behavior makes me, Rev. Michal and all other androgynes look bad.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on July 23, 2007, 09:30:35 PM
I hope ya'all don't lose any respect for me via association from this. This sort of behavior makes me, Rev. Michal and all other androgynes look bad.

Why does it make you look bad? As far as I can tell, Kaienne speaks for zirself... if people on this board (of all forums) label you as equal to Kaienne based on your secual identity, I think they have much larger issues.

Hell, I don't think Kaienne is doing too terribly. Zhe needs to chill out a bit and process some more data, but thats a helluva lot closer to clued than 99% of the people that I talk to on a daily basis.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Yeah, BMW, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  At least, not in my book.  And I am the leading authority on my book. 

B_M_W

I'm not worried, but I am still pissed. This inferiority complex sorta behavior reminds me too much of those Harry Benjamin Syndrome people I learned about yesterday and all their slurs against transgenders and nazi words. If there is one thing being transgendered should teach a person, its understanding, and common curtesy. Expecting people to use pronouns that you are comfortable with is not curteous nor understanding. And it DOES reflect badly on the rest of us.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on July 23, 2007, 09:53:07 PM
I'm not worried, but I am still pissed. This inferiority complex sorta behavior reminds me too much of those Harry Benjamin Syndrome people I learned about yesterday and all their slurs against transgenders and nazi words. If there is one thing being transgendered should teach a person, its understanding, and common curtesy. Expecting people to use pronouns that you are comfortable with is not curteous nor understanding. And it DOES reflect badly on the rest of us.

And it DOES reflect badly on the rest of us.

Perhaps in some areas, some boards, some societies... but surely not here. At least not where any REAL DISCORDIANS are concerned...  :wink:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

BMW don't worry about it man

and you know it!

while Kaienne has been a zhithead (this being from now on the transgender word for bitch/asshole), you are and always have been a cool .. perzon!

actually .. thiz iz kinda fun .. how about zwe call thish language "EZ-Prime" ? ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.