News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Alright, I'm gonna lay this out.

Started by AFK, July 16, 2007, 04:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: SillyCybin on July 16, 2007, 06:44:42 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on July 16, 2007, 06:19:41 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 16, 2007, 04:22:32 PM

I have become.....ooh it sickens me thinking of it....

complacent.

Yup, I freely admit it, I have become complacent.

Damnit, I'm happy.  I also admit, sometimes I just don't give a fuck about anyone else.  Yeah, I know it's selfish.  But fuck it.  Sometimes I just don't care.

What's wrong with that, if that is what you want to do?

Knowing that the Con exists... knowing that the machine is in the works... knowing that people can't really think for themselves, doesn't make it incumbent upon you personally to try to fix it. If you fix it, only in your own life... that's a helluva lot better than most people will ever do.

Christianity and Political parties teach us that we should convert people to our side. While it may be useful to convert people to Discordianism (in some sense), it's not a requirement or even a recommendation. You must choose for yourself what actions you want to do and what actions you don't want to do. As long as you're careful not to fall into the trap yourself... you can tell the world to sod off.

Or, if that's not what you want to do... then don't do it. If you want to be a Discordian activist, then be a Discordian activist. If you want to sow seeds of doubt in society, then do it.

You get control over your life (and your life alone). You get to choose how you will use the Golden Apple. You can hurl it at a punchbowl, you can put it on an Alter in the most private part of your reality. Its up to you. There are no rules, there is no requirement for evangelism, do as thou Will is the whole of the Law.

Please to be not stealing the contents of my fucking head!

HAH! I'm In Yur Head Stealin Yur Contents!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Forteetu

I hear you RWHN ... I'm living a comfortable life now surrounded by corporate suits and the mod-cons of life. Funny, I still don't wear a suit and have my hair cut like a throw back to 1800's China, but I get away with it ... anyway, different story....

The complacency is there. The feeling of urgency, that sweet tinge of desperation that was always with me is gone. And for the most part, the angst has gone with it. For another part, that feeling of need to "do right" by the world, to help get things on a better course is gone as well.

When it comes to the rest of the world, I couldn't give a rat's ass. Let 'em drown in their own shit and if it affects my world, I'll deal with it when it happens. To me there's just to much shit going on for me to loose sleep over it. I do still watch the news, but generally just for the entertainment value of watching the absurdities of mankind.

When it comes to my life surroundings, I'm comfy and I like it that way. I did all the living day to day without food or electricity because I couldn't pay the bills. I've lived in pest infested, dives because I couldn't afford better, hell I even lived under a boardwalk for awhile in Florida. I've coem a long way and put up with a lot of corporate bullshit to get the lifestyle I have now. I'm not feeling guilty for it.

Where my drive still exists is within myself. I am not complacent with "who I am" in the very broad sense of the term. I guess to use the BIP metaphor, I am still actively engaged in re-decorating my personal BIP to suit. It's all internal though, nothing about the trappings of the exterior.
WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu