Main Menu

The Black Iron Prison - v2

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2007, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Very, very nice!

Maybe a

Official BIP Guard Card
"This card entitles the bearer to be their own Black Iron Prison Guard.
They can define their own bedtimes, their own mealtimes and their own reality.
The hours are long, the salary is small, but the benefits are great."

Or maybe a Monopoly style "Get Out of BIP Free" Card... instead of Chance across the top we could replace it with "Choice"?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

:mittens:

Okay, I'm firing up photoshop...
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Idem

Great job, Cram.  I'm loving it.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: synaptyx on July 19, 2007, 03:35:30 PM
:mittens:

Okay, I'm firing up photoshop...

Which card are you working on? Me and the GiMP are cranking away as well ;-)

Cramulus

can one of you shop wizards make me a stamp that says "THINK FOR YOURSELF, SHMUCK"?

feel free to make other stamps and stuff that would look good transparent and behind text. It'll help with that old-timey Discordian tract feel.

That One Guy

Hopefully the Monopoly-style card. Both ideas are great, but the "Get Out of BIP Free" card could EASILY get spread like mad while looking awesome :mrgreen:

Also, Cram - truly amazing. I had a chance to give it a once-over last night and the layout is excellent. As far as squeezing in my "This Morning" piece goes, I need to get a feel for the overall "in page order" flow before I make any recommendations as to where to put it. General consensus was that my addition had an "I-see-the-fnords" feel to it, so I want to make sure that feeling fits where it gets put.

I might take a few minutes this afternoon to rearrange the pages to be in page order (rather than printable layout order) to make that a bit easier - if I do that I'll be sure to post a link for consumption.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Cramulus

Quote from: That One Guy on July 19, 2007, 04:00:14 PMAs far as squeezing in my "This Morning" piece goes, I need to get a feel for the overall "in page order" flow before I make any recommendations as to where to put it. General consensus was that my addition had an "I-see-the-fnords" feel to it, so I want to make sure that feeling fits where it gets put.

My layout theory so far:
Stuff before p 23 - identifying the BIP, helping people escape
P 23 - Herman Hesse quote where the kid realizes he is not himself
Stuff after p 23 - what to do after you've escaped the prison

Content wise, "This Morning" definitely belongs before p23.

I might take a few minutes this afternoon to rearrange the pages to be in page order (rather than printable layout order) to make that a bit easier - if I do that I'll be sure to post a link for consumption.

don't bust your ass on it yet - this pamphlet is still in edit. I've made easily two dozen changes since that pdf, and more are on the way.

When we have a final version I'll release both a book fold version and a "in the correct order" version.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

That One Guy

It doesn't take too long to splice it up with the actual "paid for" version of Acrobat I have at work - giving Adobe money gives you all SORTS of bells and whistles, amazingly enough  :mrgreen: Also, I'd be doing it more for myself to see exactly where I'd put the "This Morning" piece in context of the surrounding pieces and I'd be happy to do it a bunch of times per version if needed since it really doesn't take more than like 15 minutes for a quick hack-job.

I'll have a chance to spend some time figuring out placement tonight, so I should have some ideas tomorrow at the latest.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Cramulus

nice, Ratatosk - that's going in right now.

EDIT: keep in mind for any images you're passing me that they'll be printed in B&W.
EDIT2: can you make a card back? and put the bip website on there

TOG: I think your piece could possibly replace "There Is No Conspiracy" which is certainly aimed at Discordians and perhaps not relevant to the BIP idea.

Can you edit it down to like 300-400 words?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Yeah, one of those I'm working on^

:)
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

The more designs to choose from the better Syn ;-)

Cramulus

could you guys also make sure these cards are standard business card size, which I believe is 2" by 3.5"?

that would make this a lot easier - I'm finding this page to be somewhat problematic

I wish MS Word's auto-formatting were a living person so I could track him down and strangle him.

EDIT2: the only way to make these fit on one page neatly will be if they're 1.5 x 2.2.

Cramulus