Author Topic: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only  (Read 100469 times)

Doktor Howl

• Slayer of Spam Bots
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
Re: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only
« Reply #885 on: May 05, 2022, 04:19:19 am »
And while I've been preoccupied with this, SCOTUS basically dismantled Roe v Wade.

They'll be after the Gays next.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 05, 2022, 02:46:51 pm »
They're just getting started.
Of course they'll still have ways of getting safe abortions. And they'll continue to bounce their (merkin? Furry buttplug?) asses on other mens' faces, molest, harass, rape and generally be sex-obsessed old creeps.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 06, 2022, 01:30:49 pm »
While Covid psychosis (which I'd never even heard of until today) obviously isn't great, it is better than the alternative.

And yeah, Roe v Wade is just the opening move in a plan to obliterate the Federal state. Note I'm not saying they're not doing it because they don't hate women (they obviously do), just that it's both a goal in and of itself and a stepping stone to further judicial revisions. Gay marriage, LGBT protections in general and very possibly even mixed race marriage will all be in the crosshairs.

altered

• 2 God-Eaten Post-Human Cyborgs, 1 Normal Human Body
  • Deserved It
  • Wielder of "Oh No Not Again"
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 06, 2022, 02:28:47 pm »
The going theory between me and my doctors is COVID psychosis and mirtazapine caused my mental breakdown from mid-February to late April. I hate everyone who doesn't mask at this point with a passion bordering on Biblical vengeance.

One thing I REALLY want to note about the RvW stuff is that they won't be after the gays next, they were already after us. Attacks on trans rights were first, then attacks on LGBT people at large (Don't Say Gay, etc), this is just the first one SCOTUS is helping to codify.

It's also The Case to overturn -- if they can attack the Right to Privacy underpinning it, then everything else falls like dominos because there's no rights violation anymore, practically all of the civil rights movements rely on Right to Privacy as a major argument. And ditching RtP is exactly what the draft does. The draft also throws out all non-originalist case law in the US, and I do mean /all/ -- it cites Matthew fucking Hale, the witch-burning, rape-promoting English magistrate from /17 fucking 36/, as its basis for flipping RvW, because US case law is "not steeped in deep historical precedent" -- slight paraphrase there. Wrong country, continent and period of time -- doesn't fucking matter. It's a pathway to "white male landowners," re-legalizing slavery, and more besides. (And if you think the court will stop at trying to fuck with amendments, there's no way that happens once this door is open, because it's already quite literally past the "throw out the whole of the law" stage with this draft.)
I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me.

There's a hole in everything.

Anna Mae Bollocks

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 07, 2022, 01:48:40 am »
While Covid psychosis (which I'd never even heard of until today) obviously isn't great, it is better than the alternative.

And yeah, Roe v Wade is just the opening move in a plan to obliterate the Federal state. Note I'm not saying they're not doing it because they don't hate women (they obviously do), just that it's both a goal in and of itself and a stepping stone to further judicial revisions. Gay marriage, LGBT protections in general and very possibly even mixed race marriage will all be in the crosshairs.

So we've essentially got fifty fascist banana republics coming down the pike.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

• Slayer of Spam Bots
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: Today at 04:27:57 am »
So they got my mom's sodium up and her ammonia down, and now she's herself again.  Almost.

The facility she's in specializes in this sort of thing, and they expect another relapse or two, and they aren't sending her home for a few more weeks, but she's getting better, and today while Jenn and I were visiting, she had a completely rational conversation for an hour and a half.

It is hard to explain how relieved I am.

The problem, though, is the condition was caused by the cancer meds she is on, and there are no alternative drugs, so she'll have to go into a clinic twice a week from now on to have her blood managed.

But that's better than senility or a stroke.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

• Slayer of Spam Bots
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: Today at 04:29:25 am »
Turns out the covid only aggravated a problem that was caused by her cancer meds.  It would have happened anyway, just not as soon as it did.

But she's on the mend and no longer worried about murderers lurking in her hospital room bathroom.
Molon Lube