News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

WOMP-ertainment

Started by Payne, July 24, 2007, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Oh my yes. Run for your life if I turn around and give you that face.
And run with your hand tightly covering your butt hole.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on August 13, 2013, 03:40:58 AM

Not me.  I'm a sucker for homicidal women.

That being said, Putin on an MLP.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 13, 2013, 03:41:44 AM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on August 13, 2013, 03:40:58 AM

Not me.  I'm a sucker for homicidal women.

That being said, Putin on an MLP.

Tiny, reverent squeak of joy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 13, 2013, 03:05:59 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on August 11, 2013, 01:09:46 PM
Quote from: Pæs on August 10, 2013, 12:53:24 AM

Is that ENKI? What is going on?

and ENKI is slightly taller than I expected

Enki is unbanned, but which poster he is now escapes me, until someone addresses him as such. I think it's some chemical name.

I know, but I wanted to know what is going on in that pic :lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 13, 2013, 04:26:55 PM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 13, 2013, 03:05:59 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on August 11, 2013, 01:09:46 PM
Quote from: Pæs on August 10, 2013, 12:53:24 AM

Is that ENKI? What is going on?

and ENKI is slightly taller than I expected

Enki is unbanned, but which poster he is now escapes me, until someone addresses him as such. I think it's some chemical name.

I know, but I wanted to know what is going on in that pic :lulz:

It comes from a pic I posted concerning Cthulu doing some human thing.  Enki was feeling particularly autistic that day, and posted this LONG screed explaining why it wasn't funny ("Cthulu wouldn't be interested in that", etc).  Paes has been riffing on that for 3 months.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Squid Diddimus

I miss EVERYTHING!
ALL the time.

I still don't fully understand what the hell happened to RWHN.
What the fuck, guy?!?

This is what I get for being busy and neglecting important things...

like slacking.

The Good Reverend Roger

Sir Squid Diddimus

The Good Reverend Roger

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The curious thing about Enki is that, unlike other autistic people I know, mostly IRL but some online as well, when his perceptions differ from everyone else's perceptions, rather than chalking it up to oh hey, I guess that's one of those things where this isn't funny to me, much like I see meaning in things nobody else gets, he insists that his perceptions are RIGHT and everyone else's are WRONG.

I mean, my brother, Kassianne, everyone, just sort of shrugs these things off as "must be a neurotypical thing, LOL, whatever I'll go enjoy my autistic in-joke over here that you guys don't get" but Enki is all "no I will DISSECT IT and SHOW YOU LOGICALLY why you don't REALLY find it amusing".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

That's an interesting observation.
Maybe his brain won't allow him to put that logic together.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on August 13, 2013, 05:44:25 PM
That's an interesting observation.
Maybe his brain won't allow him to put that logic together.

Yeah, I'm guessing that might be it. Some sort of atypical extension of a neurological disconnect in which although he cognitively knows that there are neurobiologically based differences in perception, he can't actually apply that knowledge by connecting it to instances where neurotypicals find something funny that he doesn't find funny.

It kind of reminds me of Holist and his absolute insistence that his comics were, objectively, funny, because they met some formula for funny that he had concocted. He couldn't seem to grasp the idea that funny isn't objective, or that things could genuinely be funny to him and not to other people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It occurs to me that much of the behavior that is labeled "autistic" on the internet is actually the result of some other, perhaps related issue that causes that type of disconnect.