News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

WOMP-ertainment

Started by Payne, July 24, 2007, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

He didn't have the accident until a few weeks before ESB started shooting. Hence the Wampa attack and the ass beating he took from Vader. He had plastic surgery after the movie was done when Lucasfilm/ILM was focusing on Raiders of the Lost Ark so he can take a chill from the public, which is why he doesn't look quite the same in ROTJ.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

Quote from: Suu! on April 25, 2008, 08:11:43 PM
He didn't have the accident until a few weeks before ESB started shooting. Hence the Wampa attack and the ass beating he took from Vader. He had plastic surgery after the movie was done when Lucasfilm/ILM was focusing on Raiders of the Lost Ark so he can take a chill from the public, which is why he doesn't look quite the same in ROTJ.

A side convo:  There is NO WAY Luke's apprenticeship was as thorough as Jedis who came before him.  He started at -what- 20ish?  And they started as little children?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

I'm bumping my geeking thread. One moment.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Suu! on April 25, 2008, 05:36:06 PM
Take a moment and ask yourself if you are truly surprised at this revelation.

:argh!:  :lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on April 25, 2008, 07:49:31 PM
Yeah, easy on the pancake makeup, Luke.

Am I mistaken or were they trying to hide the scars on his face from that accident?

Oh, is that what was going on? I wondered.

Also, if anyone can get me a decent-quality DVD copy of that Holiday Special I will send you something fabulous.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dr. Paes

Quote from: Suu! on April 25, 2008, 04:09:54 PM
You know Paesior, I didn't like you at first. But you've redeemed yourself like 1600x over. People like you make me almost believe there could be hope for noobs yet. Almost.
Aw thanks Suu, and in response to your kindness... :goatse:

Eve

WARN YOUR KIDS ABOUT THE DANGERS OF LARPING.

Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on April 25, 2008, 11:00:11 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on April 25, 2008, 07:49:31 PM
Yeah, easy on the pancake makeup, Luke.

Am I mistaken or were they trying to hide the scars on his face from that accident?

Oh, is that what was going on? I wondered.

Also, if anyone can get me a decent-quality DVD copy of that Holiday Special I will send you something fabulous.

I don't have it on DVD, but I have a decent computer DIVX copy pending I didn't destroy it the moment I watched it.

Seriously though, I think if Lucas released it, even limitedly, it would be HUGE.

Jenne

I'm pretty sure one of my brothers still has the Star Wars Christmas album from the '80's...we used to go around singing "What Do You Get a Wookie for Christmas, When He Already Owns a Comb?"

Suu

You can still buy that.... :|

AFK

Quote from: Jenne on April 29, 2008, 06:59:24 PM
I'm pretty sure one of my brothers still has the Star Wars Christmas album from the '80's...we used to go around singing "What Do You Get a Wookie for Christmas, When He Already Owns a Comb?"

So what do you get him?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Naw, can you?  That's awesome.  I'm going to have to do that then.

MY KIDS NEED BRAINWASHED.

Jenne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 29, 2008, 07:01:35 PM
Quote from: Jenne on April 29, 2008, 06:59:24 PM

So what do you get him?

I'm thinking a Costco-sized bottle of Shampoo.

AFK

Mayhew elaborate on that please?

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.