News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

WOMP-ertainment

Started by Payne, July 24, 2007, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on September 11, 2008, 02:30:39 PM
Do you like your furniture?

Then no, you do not want a kitten.

LMNO
-knows why he can't have nice things.

List of furniture I own:

-an 18 year old desk, made of wooden slabs screwed together
-a desk chair from when I was in sixth grade; it sucks and my shoulders always hurt
-a white IKEA dresser from eighth grade--it has been dropped down flights of stairs several times and is held together with epoxy and masking tape and hope
-an IKEA bed
-two IKEA shelves
-one of those round dish chairs from Pier One, except it went through college with me, so there've been so many drunkards on it that it is missing several key bits of structural integrity and is held together with hope and very careful sitting
-several milk crates
-a rubbermaid

Yeah, I think I'm okay with getting a kitten. :p
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

Are you considering getting nice things in the next 15 years?

AFK

Also, how do you feel about sleep?

One of my one-year-old cats has decided she is going to serenade us outside our bedroom door. 

The shows start at 11 PM, 3, and 5 AM.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on September 11, 2008, 02:49:54 PM

Yesterday, I opened a secondary savings account. It is named "House Down Payment." Every extra cent I see is going in there. So no, probably not.

Once I have said house, I'll furnish it from the Salvation Army. :cry:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 11, 2008, 02:51:39 PM
Also, how do you feel about sleep?

One of my one-year-old cats has decided she is going to serenade us outside our bedroom door. 

The shows start at 11 PM, 3, and 5 AM.

I got lucky, both of my cats are relatively quiet. Rin only meows if she REALLY wants something or insists on waking us up if we've been sleeping in and not giving her undivided attention, and Mishu, when she DOES vocalize, is more of a chirping than meowing. In fact, it's ridiculously cute and she only does it if she's retrieving a random sock from the bedroom for us, or watching birds outside of the window.

They DO love to scratch on furniture though, but not like when they were kittens since we would flick their noses, and used a spray for a bit. We also have that cat tree now which they are both finally accustomed to and climb on their own.

Now I wish that Rin would get out of her licking phase...you've seen her, she licks ANYTHING. (Photographic evidence in the Pics thread.)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mourning Star

When the ol' lady's not here.  I usually wake up, with Cain and Abel sleeping with me.  One curled up under each arm.

They don't tend to whine while I'm sleeping, but they will start cryassing about 8 hours BEFORE their food dish is actually empty. 

"This food's gettin' mightly low cracker, you plannin' on fixin that?"

Payne

Quote from: Mourning Star on September 11, 2008, 08:30:57 PM
When the ol' lady's not here.  I usually wake up, with Cain and Abel sleeping with me.  One curled up under each arm.

They don't tend to whine while I'm sleeping, but they will start cryassing about 8 hours BEFORE their food dish is actually empty. 

"This food's gettin' mightly low cracker, you plannin' on fixin that?"

My cat does that all the time. She does it when I've just put food in her bowl and she's finished eating it.

Fuckin' cats... Opportunistic bastards.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on September 11, 2008, 02:52:22 PM
Quote from: LMNO on September 11, 2008, 02:49:54 PM

Yesterday, I opened a secondary savings account. It is named "House Down Payment." Every extra cent I see is going in there. So no, probably not.

Once I have said house, I'll furnish it from the Salvation Army. :cry:

YAY HOUSEEEEE!

I am addicted to rmls.com, and I already HAVE a house.

Also I have two cats, and nice things, so they are not mutually exclusive. Just have several spray bottles handy and be prepared to use them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trillian

if they're inside cats you can always get those rubber tips put on their claws at the vet.  waaay more humane than declawing.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Payne

Due to lack of WOMPing ITT, I have decided to post this here.

I'm getting Broken AI to take it with him on his trip to T'Emperor Nortons grave, where it will be in a sealed envelope addressed to "Whoever has the balls to open this"

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Suu

If someone goes along with it....They win everything ever.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."