Main Menu

On St. Gulik

Started by 1Yacatismic1, August 06, 2007, 02:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 06, 2007, 02:19:00 PM
Actually, and I don't know why, but I don't find this annoying like I might have suspected I would.  And I think it's because the conviction is there.  It isn't a half-assed attempt. 

But I need to chew on it further. 

I agree.  It was a fully-assed attempt.

I am withholding judgement until such time as whenever I feel like it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: 1Yacatismic1 on August 07, 2007, 06:25:15 PM
Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 07, 2007, 05:50:33 PM
Quote from: Payne on August 06, 2007, 03:35:09 PM
Yeah, my friend and I once wrote an entire tract of stoned ramblings. It made for some good in jokes between us, but nothing else.

(To this day, I only have to mention Hitlers Pie Cutter, or the secret layer of "Atmo-Grass" to have him in stitches...)

I'd be more okay with the original post if we could just sort of shave out the stoner stuff. Because honestly, couldn't the world as a whole move past the idea of "pot is the gift of the gods, stoned = super deep, etc"?

I don't think like that. Its just...well he IS Saint Gulik the Stoned.

Potheads make lousy saints.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Doktor Loki

We make good Doktors though.

'less of course we have to operate.  Then the being stoned makes it hard to not slip and take the wrong organ.
Not a Doctor?  Why, of course I'm a Doctor!  Why else would I have this scalpel?      ~Doctor Mad

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man."
- William Shakespeare

"If you hear crazy voices in your head which tell you to do something, even something evil, YOU'D BETTER FUCKING DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE GOD." - Soren Keirkegaard

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 09, 2007, 04:50:35 AM
Yeah, my friend and I once wrote an entire tract of stoned ramblings. It made for some good in jokes between us, but nothing else.

(To this day, I only have to mention Hitlers Pie Cutter, or the secret layer of "Atmo-Grass" to have him in stitches...)

I'd be more okay with the original post if we could just sort of shave out the stoner stuff. Because honestly, couldn't the world as a whole move past the idea of "pot is the gift of the gods, stoned = super deep, etc"?

Saints make lousy saints.

Besides, he's a roach, not a louse.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Doktor Loki

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 09, 2007, 06:35:35 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 09, 2007, 04:50:35 AM

Saints make lousy saints.

Besides, he's a roach, not a louse.

Better not let RWHN catch you moving in on his turf.
He's been known to kill a motherfucker.
Not a Doctor?  Why, of course I'm a Doctor!  Why else would I have this scalpel?      ~Doctor Mad

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man."
- William Shakespeare

"If you hear crazy voices in your head which tell you to do something, even something evil, YOU'D BETTER FUCKING DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE GOD." - Soren Keirkegaard

AFK

S'alright.  My team of lawyers will be in touch.  You better phone up Johnnie Cochrane. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 09, 2007, 08:13:35 PM
S'alright.  My team of lawyers will be in touch.  You better phone up Johnnie Cochrane. 

You know, that sort of tort baloney really bugs me....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

I will KILL a motherf...aw, fukkit.