News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

THE PROPITIATION OF ST GULIK

Started by 1Yacatismic1, August 07, 2007, 06:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Guy

It's pathetically easy to avoid getting laced weed. Just avoid dime bags in the states. Get your weed an eighth or quarter at a time and you will rarely if ever encounter it being laced with anything. The law in the states isn't exactly a deterrent for this, nor is public reputation (they'd go to jail for just as long whether the weed is laced or not). Anyone that sells laced weed doesn't care about whether or not you buy their weed again - they want you to get hooked on whatever they laced it with. Anyone that laces their own weed and doesn't tell you should be beaten severely, then avoided in the future.

For dealers in the states, weed is rather low-profit compared to the "hard drugs", and consequently your serious, high-profit-minded drug dealer will manipulate things to enforce the "gateway drug" reputation of weed via lacing - and moving the customer to the high-profit "hard drugs". Avoid those people and you'll also avoid buying laced weed.

Would this be an issue if it was legal? Hopefully not, since there would be regulations involved (and the high taxes levied on sales to pay for the regulations/regulators). However, here in the states it's not legal, so you have to keep an eye on who you deal with.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Darth Cupcake

Oh yeah, definitely agreed that it's easy to avoid getting laced stuff.

But still lame. Without lacing, I don't believe that weed would really qualify as a "gateway" drug. I personally am pretty ambivalent about weed--I smoke it sometimes when other people have it, but I don't really care whether or not it's in my life. But I would like to see it legalized if only to make it safer for those who do use it regularly, and to get rid of all the arrests/jailings of people who really shouldn't be put away. I mean, smoking a bowl? Not the end of the world.

Someone that does something stupid and endangers others/harms others because of smoking a bowl? Now we're talking about something a little different. But much like alcohol itself is not a problem, but rather how people act while using alcohol, I believe the same applies to pot.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on August 24, 2007, 02:38:55 PM
I smoked pot that was dusted.

The fuckes didn't tell me at the time.

Not very fun.

Damn. I must be lucky living within an hour or so of Meigs County ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

B_M_W

I think it should be illegal because even the smallest amount makes people act totally STUPID.

Srsly, I decided I would never try it when I saw an intelligent young woman (womyn?) take a hit in Berlin, and in two seconds she became a total giggling moron.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on August 24, 2007, 08:09:07 PMI think it should be illegal because even the smallest amount makes people act totally STUPID.

Srsly, I decided I would never try it when I saw an intelligent young woman (womyn?) take a hit in Berlin, and in two seconds she became a total giggling moron.

you mean, just like alcohol.

whether or not you become a giggling moron pretty much depends on the dosage and how used to it you are.

imagine somebody who hardly ever drinks chugging away on a double whiskey.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on August 24, 2007, 08:09:07 PM
I think it should be illegal because even the smallest amount makes people act totally STUPID.

Ah thats right, its the governments job to stop people from doing what they want to do as leisure activity.

Triple Zero

ratatosk makes a better point than I did, ITT
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 24, 2007, 08:39:46 PM

Ah thats right, its the governments job to stop people from doing what they want to do as leisure activity.

I dunno. I'm not a fan of heroin or cocaine or things like that being readily available, because that shit is dangerous.

I realize that I don't have a leg to stand on, argument-wise, but just throwing in my two cents anyways. :wink: Otherwise, I agree with you and Trip0.

LMNO

Quote from: triple zero on August 24, 2007, 08:36:04 PM
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on August 24, 2007, 08:09:07 PMI think it should be illegal because even the smallest amount makes people act totally STUPID.

whether or not you become a giggling moron pretty much depends on the dosage and how used to it you are.

Please note the phrasing:  "a hit".

Not "18 hits", not, "sucked an enormous amount of smoke", but "a hit".

a single beer won't get you fucked up.  and you're supposed to sip whiskey.

If BMW said the girl took a hit out of a 5-foot (1.5 meter) bong, that might be different.

But how can you possibly smoke in moderation if one hit fucks you up?

Even a lightweight drinker won't be hammered after one tequila shot.

Darth Cupcake

Actually, I do know someone who is drunk after one beer, and passing out after two.

It's pretty sad, actually. :lol:

But I do understand your point and realize that she is the exception and not the rule, by far!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO on August 24, 2007, 08:50:08 PM

If BMW said the girl took a hit out of a 5-foot (1.5 meter) bong, that might be different.

Light puffs or cutting cannabis into small pieces is truly a baffling procedure.

:roll:

If you haven't got the brain power to figure out how to do that, you clearly have bigger problems.

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

there's a difference between dangerous+highly addictive and making people act totally stupid, IMO.

i don't think it's the job of the government to stop people from becoming a giggling moron. and even if that should be the case, i think they should start prohibiting bad sitcoms. seriously, i've seen people watch that shit for like 5 minutes and become a total giggling moron.

o

well if "a hit" was meant as literally one hit, i call bullshit. "one hit plus two seconds to a giggling moron" is not something i believe can happen.

but let's say it was 30 seconds.

i know myself, i don't have a very high tolerance either. but i often enough get passed a joint of which 3 hits make me very stoned (but not a giggling moron, sorry to dissapoint). which is why i only buy lighter weed, and put less stuff into it when i get to roll it myself.

B_M_W

Thats actually what I meant. A person can drink a beer and not have any anoying effects. One hit from a joint however, and this girls intelligence dropped below IQ 80. I don't really care what other people do, and the part about the legality of it was a joke. Just know that if you ever toke up around me don't expect me to stick around or come back, because I can't stand an annoying fool.

On the flip side, a person can actually still be interesting and satisfying to talk to when drinking alcohol.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Bullshit.

I know plenty of people who smoke in moderation and retain both their intelligence and composure.

I can also dig up a study that shows that while it takes longer to complete things, IQ is not significantly effected in adults.

Sounds more like you were being a judgmental prick than she was doing anything moronic.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on August 24, 2007, 09:16:53 PM

Thats actually what I meant. A person can drink a beer and not have any anoying effects. One hit from a joint however, and this girls intelligence dropped below IQ 80. I don't really care what other people do, and the part about the legality of it was a joke. Just know that if you ever toke up around me don't expect me to stick around or come back, because I can't stand an annoying fool.

On the flip side, a person can actually still be interesting and satisfying to talk to when drinking alcohol.

BMW, I gotta say that your experience seems incredibly unlikely, not impossible, but incredibly, incredibly unlikely. A single hit of pot could turn you into a giggling moron, if the pot in question were perhaps White Rhino or some other highly cultivated strain and the person in question had only smoked once or twice.

However, I can tell you from experience that I can be high as a kite and no one can tell the difference. I'm just finishing up a two year project that involved designing an encryption architecture to protect the Credit Card data in our enterprise. The architecture had to cover AS400, Mainframe, Oracle, SQL, DB2, SAP, Linux, HP-UX and Windows. I am on occasion stoned as fuck while doing this stuff and there's no issue at all, no giggling nor any loss of IQ.

In fact, most of those crazy people that have examined pot using that Scientific method you seem to like ( :wink: ) come to a very different conclusion about marijuana.

Perhaps you witnessed an anomaly, with the prohibition on the study of Marijuana it seems possible that there may be some over the counter or prescription drugs that might cause such a reaction, or perhaps your Thinker and Prover were having one over on you.

At the least, I would say that your experience is neither normal, common nor indicative of how mosbunal people act when smoking pot. Perhaps you found the exception?

NOTE: I do have a friend that gets drunk on one beer and stoned on one hit. He doesn't usually smoke or drink, because his system apparently can't handle it. I have many, many friends that can drink and smoke in moderation and seem as normal as can be expected. I have other friends that get rip roaring drunk and yet other friends that get stoned out of their minds. I'd take the stoned ones over the drunks any day.

The stoned ones don't puke all over the place, don't lose their ability to socially interact (unless they fall asleep) and I've never met a mean stoner... I have OTOH met plenty of jackass drunks.