Main Menu

Los Frupanishads

Started by 1Yacatismic1, August 07, 2007, 06:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Yacatismic1

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please go get it for free:

http://fruwillsetyoufree.batcave.net/

Now on to bussiness.

Have any other Discordians here read Los Frupanishads? What are your thoughts? Are you now a "FRUtestent?"
I AM THE PINEAL PROPHET. HARKEN TO MY SEMANTICS:

RVZFUllUSElORyBJUyBUUlVFLiBERVNUUlVDVElPTiBJUyBDUkVBVElPTi4gTUFETkVTUyBJUyBUT08gTVVDSCBTQU5JVFkuIEFMV0FZUyBDT05TVUxUIFlPVVIgUElORUFMIEdMQU5ELiBJTiBUSEUgTkFNRSBPRiBUSEUgTU9USEVSLCBUSEUgU09OLCBBTkQgVEhFIEhPTFkgR09BVCE=

Cramulus

Interesting, in part. I confess I only skimmed it (just now). In part, it seems to be a line-by-line ripoff of the original PD. Instead of the Chao, there's a snake biting its tail. Instead of a telegram to Jehovah there's a telegram to Jesus. Instead of a parable about Grayface there's a slightly different parable about Grayface. Instead of a pope card there's a guru card. Is this an iteration of the PD or a cheap knockoff?

This FRU person. God of Laughter. I dig the idea that laughter itself is divine. Personally, I'm more attracted to a hot blonde Greek Goddess than someone with a snake thing for a head.

A lot of the longer prose was amusing, but very difficult to read due to size and resolution. Is there a full-page PDF available?

ah that nutty mal3

1Yacatismic1

no pdf so far. What I liked most about it was the sense of "balance:"
-Eris: Creative Disorder
-Der Golden Goat WOT called Entropy: Destructive Disorder
-Fru: Man's relation to disorder.

At least thats how I understood it. It pleases me to see the "creative illusion," the idea that has made "creative/destructive" as the two "sparring" forces in the universe. The Principia claims we will find "the foolishness of all ORDER/DISORDER. They are the same!" I believe we must extend this to creation and destruction as well.

But I digress.

I also found the "5 esoteric gates of the pineal glad" to be interesting, along with the Hypocratic oath and The Bullshit Affirmation.
I AM THE PINEAL PROPHET. HARKEN TO MY SEMANTICS:

RVZFUllUSElORyBJUyBUUlVFLiBERVNUUlVDVElPTiBJUyBDUkVBVElPTi4gTUFETkVTUyBJUyBUT08gTVVDSCBTQU5JVFkuIEFMV0FZUyBDT05TVUxUIFlPVVIgUElORUFMIEdMQU5ELiBJTiBUSEUgTkFNRSBPRiBUSEUgTU9USEVSLCBUSEUgU09OLCBBTkQgVEhFIEhPTFkgR09BVCE=

Idem

Wait... isn't this that thing Mal the Tertiary was pushing?

Cain

Idem

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

PeregrineBF

Except that entropy doesn't destroy things, it just makes things stagnant. And it probably doesn't apply to the universe anyway, since the 2nd law of thermodynamics only applies to certain types of systems and the universe may not be one of those types.

Triple Zero

ha, so BF means BrainFuck

i shoulda guessed

also, i'm not quite sure i agree with what you just said about entropy.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: PeregrineBF on August 19, 2007, 08:52:51 PM
Except that entropy doesn't destroy things, it just makes things stagnant. And it probably doesn't apply to the universe anyway, since the 2nd law of thermodynamics only applies to certain types of systems and the universe may not be one of those types.

For someone who's so into chaos, you're applying order in quite a few places.

PeregrineBF

The second law of Thermodynamics: The entropy of an isolated system not in equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at equilibrium.    
This says that the total energy available to do work in an isolated system approaches zero. Nothing can move when entropy has taken its course.  However, the "isolated system" bit is key. The universe may not be an isolated system. If it isn't (and it probably isn't), the second law of thermodynamics does not apply to it as a whole (Though it does apply to some parts of the universe, and those parts may be very big.)
Of course, since entropy merely represents the probability of certain states being much higher than others in phase space then a system may come out equilibrium eventually. Total entropy need not be the end of everything, even in an isolated system. It's just so unlikely that it will take many trillions of years for anything to happen, if it ever does.
One also has to assume that the universe is a chaotic system to apply the second law of thermodynamics to it. If it isn't, then the second law does not apply. But it probably does. It's the isolated system bit that is in doubt, really.

And order does not eliminate chaos. Chaos can come from seemingly ordered systems.
For example: The quadratic map of X-> X^2+c where c is a real parameter. It's even more fun if you do it on the complex plane (z -> z^2+c). Highly chaotic, but a very simple, ordered beginning. And yet the chaos seems to contain ordered parts as well...

LMNO

Quote from: PeregrineBF on September 04, 2007, 08:21:37 PMAnd order does not eliminate chaos. Chaos can come from seemingly ordered systems.
For example: The quadratic map of X-> X^2+c where c is a real parameter. It's even more fun if you do it on the complex plane (z -> z^2+c). Highly chaotic, but a very simple, ordered beginning. And yet the chaos seems to contain ordered parts as well...

Hold on a second.  How are you defining chaos here?
American heritage dictionary says, "A condition or place of great disorder or confusion. "  Which seems to imply the inability to predict what will happen next.  But you seem to have a formula there which, if you do the math, will tell you exactly what will happen next.

What am I missing here?

Suu

Agreed. Chaos cannot be contained within an orderly mathematical formula. It seems to defeat the purpose.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Of course order lies hidden in Chaos... just as Chaos lies hidden in Order. Didn't you get the memo?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Actually, some of the more Theological around here have decided that when talking metaphysics, Chaos* was the combination of Order and Disorder.

That is, disorder is the opposite of order, and only one half of the Chaos that is Universe.

*Chaos as Eris, as primordial, as Universe.