News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

ITT: Call It Now, Be Right Later

Started by Cramulus, August 20, 2007, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 20, 2007, 04:31:23 PM
I agree with super low.

Although I will once again plaster my area with voter registration posters and hand out voter registration cards at work. It won't do anything, but I'll try anyways.

I'm hellbent on voting. It's my fucking right as a citizen and I exercise it regularly. IMO, those who don't want to vote because "they don't care" need to GTFO. Srsly.

If you hate the president and hate what's going on...DO YOUR PART IN FIXING IT. Sure we know the popular vote means shit in the long run, and since RI only has like 4 electoral votes it's like I'm wasting my time, but who's to say the race won't come down to those 4 Democratic votes that RI boasts? Eh?

[ / the extent of Suu's patriotism ]
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 20, 2007, 04:41:33 PM
Don't forget Halo 3.  I think this will be a very Merry Xmas for Microsoft this year. 

Mr. Suu's B-Day/Anniversary/Christmas present this year = PS3.

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on August 20, 2007, 04:43:25 PM
oh god yeah. I know quite a few people who will be suffering from sleep deprivation and severe malnutrition by October 1st.

*raises hand* We'll beat storymode in about 3 days. Then it's time for some PVP Red Vs. Blue action!

-Suu
It's not pink! It's lightish red!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on August 20, 2007, 04:43:25 PM
oh god yeah. I know quite a few people who will be suffering from sleep deprivation and severe malnutrition by October 1st.

I'm pretty psyched that I get to move away from my roomies before Halo 3. I mean, I love them to death, but I like to actually see them instead of just seeing the back of their heads as the furiously game.

On the other hand, playing the Halo 3 beta was rampant fun. And I am a great passenger seat smack-talker. But by extricating myself from that situation, I will still have a life. Sort of.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cramulus

Quote from: Lysergic on August 20, 2007, 02:27:17 PM
21/12/2012 will be the date a lot of hippie new agers will be sorely disappointed.

Yes, but expect to see some good TV documentaries on Terrence McKenna THE NEXT NOSTRADAMUS

His ideas will be publicly dismissed by many long before the End of the World hype gets into gear by early 2012, but at least they will have made a brief appearance in the mainstream.

At the very least, this will get some people thinking about novelty and realizing that the world does need new ideas. Which was probably a big part of McKenna's goal anyway.

Lies

Quote from: Kaou Suu on August 20, 2007, 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 20, 2007, 04:31:23 PM
I agree with super low.

Although I will once again plaster my area with voter registration posters and hand out voter registration cards at work. It won't do anything, but I'll try anyways.

I'm hellbent on voting. It's my fucking right as a citizen and I exercise it regularly. IMO, those who don't want to vote because "they don't care" need to GTFO. Srsly.

If you hate the president and hate what's going on...DO YOUR PART IN FIXING IT. Sure we know the popular vote means shit in the long run, and since RI only has like 4 electoral votes it's like I'm wasting my time, but who's to say the race won't come down to those 4 Democratic votes that RI boasts? Eh?

[ / the extent of Suu's patriotism ]

I vote, but I'd rather not. The reason is that if I vote and the guy I vote for wins, and then ends up fucking up things for everyone, I can't bitch really because I help put him there.
I always try to vote for which ever side I think is going to lose, so that way when our prime minister does something stupid I can bitch and go "Don't look at me, I voted for the other side!".

Really though... I don't care who wins an election. I think we're screwed no matter what.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

AFK

Yeah, but you can vote for a guy, and then if he does something you don't agree with, you can still say, I didn't vote for that policy.  I mean, I know people who voted for Bush who now think he should be shot.  They never would have said that before he got us into this war. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Lies

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 20, 2007, 05:06:25 PM
Yeah, but you can vote for a guy, and then if he does something you don't agree with, you can still say, I didn't vote for that policy.  I mean, I know people who voted for Bush who now think he should be shot.  They never would have said that before he got us into this war. 

Yeah, but they still voted for bush and bush did shit things.
If I vote for a leader and they win, they will do shit things, and therefore I played a part for that to allow itself to happen despite that I now "realise" that it was the wrong choice.

Politics is a two man con, no matter who wins the election, the politicians get paid to be politicians and we still get screwed.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Suu

Yeah, but if you pardon the cliche "If you don't vote then you can't complain", it would be the same thing.

Vote. Someone will fuck up, and bitch about it, who knows, maybe you'll be able to vote to impeach.

Don't vote. Someone will fuck up, bitch about it, and get laughed at.

I didn't vote in 2004. Mostly because I didn't have my RI registration at the time, but even though I know that RI will ALWAYS be a Blue state, I felt like I missed out on something. I wasn't planning on voting for Bush or Kerry anyway. I just wanted to get my statistic in.

However, I did vote in 2000...In Florida...For Gore. :(

LMNO

I think of it this way:

You're gonna get fucked in the ass, no matter what.  Wouldn't you prefer a condom and some lube?

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on August 20, 2007, 05:26:44 PM
I think of it this way:

You're gonna get fucked in the ass, no matter what.  Wouldn't you prefer a condom and some lube?

This is the correct motorcycle.

Then after that is, which condom to choose? Ribbed or studded? Or maybe that freaky independent with the vibrating ring...

AFK

Sports Prediction:

Eric Gagne will win the award for "dumbest Red Sox acquisition of the year" barely beating out J.D. Drew

Oh, and I predict that the Yankees will eventually catch the Sox to make the rest of the year interesting.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Kaou Suu on August 20, 2007, 05:28:06 PM
I think of it this way:

Then after that is, which condom to choose? Ribbed or studded? Or maybe that freaky independent with the vibrating ring...

VOTE LMNO IN '08 : The Trojans and Astroglide Party.

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 20, 2007, 05:29:17 PM
Sports Prediction:

Eric Gagne will win the award for "dumbest Red Sox acquisition of the year" barely beating out J.D. Drew

Oh, and I predict that the Yankees will eventually catch the Sox to make the rest of the year interesting.  

This is a given. And to be completely honest, knowing that the rest of your Red Sox fans will agree with me, if this DIDN'T happen, baseball would be fucking boring in September.

The Yankees will choke in the post season though, that is if they can swing the wildcard.

Right now the threat is the Devil Rays, because Boston can't hit Kazmir (and Tampa can't hit Wakefield) but they've been know to fuck up the standings every year 'round this time.

*gets to see the Rays VS Jays on Sept. 8th!*

Quote from: LMNO on August 20, 2007, 05:29:54 PM
Quote from: Kaou Suu on August 20, 2007, 05:28:06 PM
I think of it this way:

VOTE LMNO IN '08 : The Trojans and Astroglide Party.

Best party evar.

LMNO

Better to vote for us than the "We'll Turn You All Into Goatse" party.

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on August 20, 2007, 05:34:43 PM
Better to vote for us than the "We'll Turn You All Into Goatse" party.

QUIT SLINGING MUD AT MY WONDERFUL PLATFORM