News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

BMW's Perfect Potato Soup

Started by B_M_W, August 21, 2007, 06:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

i'm enjoying all this pork talk lately.
i enjoy pork.
pork.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Porkporkporkporkpork
<fapfapfapfapfapfap>
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Payne on August 23, 2007, 08:37:58 PM
Which is why even a sip of Irn Bru is likely a mistake for you.

You will crave it until the end of your days.

(even though he might have been addressing DCup, ) Payne already called it in 2007, Irn Bru is ADDICTIVE++ I have been craving it every day since I got out of Edinburgh and finished the 2L bottle I brought back home. I was HOARDING the stuff, man. I gave my flatmate only this tiny cup to taste it but the rest was MINE! ALL MINE!!! I NEEDS IT, I WANTS MY IRN BRUUUUU

um anyway, I was just doublechecking the potato soup recipe if there were any special things i should pay attention to (answer: no, it's pretty much exactly as I remembered it). I'm gonna use the soupy liquid stuff from the cola-pork-belly-onion stuff from yesterday so it may be a bit sweet, but whatever. Also I got some sausage I will throw in, in chunks. And yeah, cream instead of milk. Gotta use what i got. Oh right and the curly kale is going in, too. And some white wine. And while I'm at it, I'll throw in that bell-pepper before it goes bad as well.

Okay good, turns out it will be nothing like BMW/Kai's soup at all :-P But I'll bet it will be very good :D

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

Its not rocket science. You start with the basic potatos, milk, butter, salt, pepper, and water, garnished with a little chicken stock. Then you add from there, to taste, per preference. I like it simple, though I've taken to adding thyme these days.  :)
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish