News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

What IS an avatar and what is up with page 75?

Started by Chucklemaster, May 08, 2013, 02:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucklemaster

the Principia mentions 'avatars' a couple of times, and page 75 includes a handy-dandy method of classifying them, but how does one actually use the classification table, and what IS an avatar anyway?  :?
blah blah blah the rest of the song

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: zer0n on May 08, 2013, 02:11:59 AM
the Principia mentions 'avatars' a couple of times, and page 75 includes a handy-dandy method of classifying them, but how does one actually use the classification table, and what IS an avatar anyway?  :?

It's a really bad Pocahontas rip off, but has a really good robot fight scene at the end.  I give it 2/5.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chucklemaster

Wait, wait, wait.
If I were feeling greyfacey, I would ask for a real answer, but hold the fuck up.  :eek:
2 points for just a robot fight scene?
I don't care how good that fight scene was, that worth one point, max.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: zer0n on May 08, 2013, 02:18:09 AM
Wait, wait, wait.
If I were feeling greyfacey, I would ask for a real answer, but hold the fuck up.  :eek:

Balls.  That robotic fighting suit was TITS.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Give it to a kid with a pack of crayons.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Chucklemaster

right, so what is an avatar?
(no I'm not being a  :kingmeh:)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: zer0n on May 08, 2013, 02:41:41 AM
right, so what is an avatar?
(no I'm not being a  :kingmeh:)

1.  The direct manifestation of a deity (don't try this at home kid, they crucify you).
2.  The picture to the left of this post.
3.  A bad movie.
4.  A worse video game.

AFK

I dunno, one of the more scholarly Discordians will probably come along eventually and tell you.

My answer is, "who cares?" 

I'm not sure it is a terribly important part of the PD myself. 

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2013, 02:24:53 AM
Quote from: zer0n on May 08, 2013, 02:18:09 AM
Wait, wait, wait.

Balls.  That robotic fighting suit was TITS.

BIG ASS COMBAT KNIFE FIGHTING TIME!!!!

MarDuck

Quote from: Misery's Feed Trough on May 08, 2013, 02:46:30 AM
I dunno, one of the more scholarly Discordians will probably come along eventually and tell you.

My answer is, "who cares?" 

I'm not sure it is a terribly important part of the PD myself.

As somebody who pretends to know quite a bit about a lot of things, I can tell you that you are wrong and that this is the most important page in the PD.

Also,
"THERE is the donut. It is THEIR donut. THEY'RE the donut people."

AFK

No, the most important page is the last one you read.

MarDuck

"THERE is the donut. It is THEIR donut. THEY'RE the donut people."

Count Chocula

I very much enjoyed Avatar the movie, some of the correlations in the writing were fantastic.

Placid Dingo

An Avatar is someone who represents Eris to the point of actually being an incarnation of the Goddess herself, more or less. It's a class discussed in the first edition PD. It's discussed in the pages of the (more or less) first edition PD that Dr Jon uploaded. Which isn't up anymore, but there's a link somewhere on this forum to the Internet Archive of that site, and I think possibly the pages may also be included in one of St Syn's versions of the PD, but I'm not sure if that's still in print.

From what I remember though, reading this info helped me understand the chart in the PD NOT AT ALL, so it probably won't help much. :D
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.