News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

AKA: What fucking project is the former 40 year old fat man working on now?

A few familiars in the chatroom have heard me rant lately about this rather expensive ensemble I'm working on now for a coworker/friend (Who Richter and I like to call Delicious) who LARPs. Basically for $200 I'm making him puffy trousers (done), a Ren-style shirt (done) and a velvet doublet with silver trim. This is all due by September 21st.

Will I be done in time?

Will this gentleman be the belle of the ball?

Stay tuned for updates with pictures when available.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Oh shit, that's right: King Richard's Faire is about to open.

Darth Cupcake

He will be the belle of the ball, I'm sure, particularly if you "accidentally" make him a skirt instead of pance.

Furthermore, I demand pics.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

The pances are finished. Basic black nylon trousers, extra puffy in the bellydancer (lol) style. Basically he needs "lunging" room, and he's going to tuck them into his boots, so the puffier the better. I can provide a pattern for them if you like. They are ridiculously simple.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

That sounds pretty awesome. I am a fan of the "puffy pance in boots" look, although I'm also a big fan of the "really tight pance in boots" look, or really, just any tight pance at all. 8)

I would love a pattern. Once I finally get established somewhere, I'm going to start sewing things again!

Suu

Alright, I'll WOMP draw out a pattern in MSPaint for you when I get a chance.

Darth Cupcake

LMNO

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 27, 2007, 06:12:25 PM
That sounds pretty awesome. I am a fan of the "puffy pance in boots" look, although I'm also a big fan of the "really tight pance in boots" look, or really, just any tight pance at all. 8)

I knew I held on to those latex tights for a reason.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on August 27, 2007, 06:36:13 PM

:postpics:

Triple Zero

tell me you're not a fan of the "carrot pants" that seem to be all the hype last year .. (and still going :( )

they're like regular jeans, but instead of straight, or (slightly hippie style, which i like) taper outwards to the bottom, they get thinner !!

it has already been established by my saner friends that no matter what shape or figure you are, this will NOT be flattering. either you're slim and you will look like you have very skinny carrot legs accentuating the thinness at the bottom, or you're not-so-slim and you will look like chicken drumsticks accentuating the larger shape at the top. it's a lose/lose situation.

the only *possible* solution to it, is if you'd wear boots /over/ the pants. i've seen this a few times and it's .. okay. ish. as in, they could have bought normal pants in the first place.

this is another typical example of people buying whatever is available in the stores, even if nobody ever asked for it, everybody actually secretly thinks it's butt-ugly and the fashion-queens in Paris must be laughing their asses off. (srsly they just *decide* this stuff, no market research, no nothing. there is one woman (i forgot the name), she decides what colours will be "hip" for every year. really)

other examples were stonewashed jeans, or those ankle-pants of a few years back, any of those "vintage" things and umm all the shirts that say "DOCK #37" (what)  .. and i wonder if they're also responsible for the 80s?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Kaou Suu on August 27, 2007, 06:41:41 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 27, 2007, 06:36:13 PM

:postpics:

YES PLZ

Trip0, carrot pants are icky.

I like a dude in a nice slim-cut, boot leg pair of jeans. Just the right snugness around the posterior and the front regions, not something the poor fellow needs a shoe-horn to get into, but just enough to indicate to me that it would be worth my while to remove them. 8) I also have my particular preferences in the washes.

I worked in a super fancy jeans store for about a year, which was really all it took for me to become a little bit of a jeans snob, which is probably the stupidest thing ever.

I rocked the boots-over-jeans in Paris a few times when it was too cold for skirts, but I do NOT have carrot jeans, thank you! (I really like the term "carrot pants." Hilarious, and accurate.)

-DC
Fervently praying that somewhere will hire her so she won't have to work for evil corporate jeans store again, though the discount was pretty sweet...

Suu

Quote from: triple zero on August 27, 2007, 06:44:43 PM
tell me you're not a fan of the "carrot pants" that seem to be all the hype last year .. (and still going :( )

they're like regular jeans, but instead of straight, or (slightly hippie style, which i like) taper outwards to the bottom, they get thinner !!

it has already been established by my saner friends that no matter what shape or figure you are, this will NOT be flattering. either you're slim and you will look like you have very skinny carrot legs accentuating the thinness at the bottom, or you're not-so-slim and you will look like chicken drumsticks accentuating the larger shape at the top. it's a lose/lose situation.

the only *possible* solution to it, is if you'd wear boots /over/ the pants. i've seen this a few times and it's .. okay. ish. as in, they could have bought normal pants in the first place.

this is another typical example of people buying whatever is available in the stores, even if nobody ever asked for it, everybody actually secretly thinks it's butt-ugly and the fashion-queens in Paris must be laughing their asses off. (srsly they just *decide* this stuff, no market research, no nothing. there is one woman (i forgot the name), she decides what colours will be "hip" for every year. really)

other examples were stonewashed jeans, or those ankle-pants of a few years back, any of those "vintage" things and umm all the shirts that say "DOCK #37" (what)  .. and i wonder if they're also responsible for the 80s?

I own ONE pair of skinny jeans. They're Abercrombie and Fitch and my sister got them for me last year at Christmas. I only wear them with boots over them because otherwise they look fucking dumb. Good for Winter when boots are helpful, but really asinine in the summer. Other than that I wear straight legs, flares/bellbottoms and crops. I can't stand pants as it is (I seriously sat around in a t-shirt and panties all day yesterday while sewing), and if I have to wear them, I need to be comfortable.

The pants pattern I'm going to post today are typically what would be described as 'Harem' pants, or bellydancing pants. Even Hammer pants if you screw with them enough. They're typically for period costumes, but they're are pretty fucking comfortable around the house as well.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Kaou Suu on August 27, 2007, 06:51:52 PM
I can't stand pants as it is (I seriously sat around in a t-shirt and panties all day yesterday while sewing), and if I have to wear them, I need to be comfortable.

TITCM

I live in panties and a tank top around my apartment. Why wear pants?!

...And now we cue LMNO saying "pics or it didn't happen" to the both of us. :lol:

Suu

Well, in December it's a different story. Then I wear big scary flannel pance that are still loose enough to be comfy...but I sleep pance-less. Warmth is obviously what the electric blanket and my husband is for.

LMNO

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 27, 2007, 06:54:45 PM

I live in panties and a tank top around my apartment. Why wear pants?!

...And now we cue LMNO saying "pics or it didn't happen" to the both of us. :lol:

Tat for Tit, or something like that.