News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Yeah. You can easily do this. Photoshopping pattern now. I should have the walkthrough up for you probably in the next few hours. I'll text to you let you know when it's live.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Sweet. At our next event, if we all out in our team colors (black & gold) and matching pole-arms, it'll be like this

but at a LARP

Suu

Okay...Here it is:

And how to do it.

First, measurements:

A = Around the widest part of your chest. Divide that by 2, and add 4" for ease and seams.
B = Length from shoulders to just below your knee. Add 3".
C= A x 2.

Draw and cut it out as above. If you want it one color, you're pretty much done. But for counterchanged, the easiest way to do it is to make 2 tabards, one of each color, keep them folded and cut as shown:

The vertical line will be from the center point of A to the center of C. It should match up. The horizontal line will be the distance from your shoulder to your WAIST on B. Not your hips, not that invisible line across your ass where you sag your pants, no, this is where you will be wearing your belt, and for most LARPs and the SCA, thats your goddamn natural waist.

Then after you have those tabards cut, you will place the blocks of squares as you see fit with the others. First you will sew the front and back torso pieces, and cut the neckline out of the front piece, or just leave parts unsewn at the seams, this is the most period way to do it. So it will be more like slits. Hem those, and then sew the shoulder seams together.

After that you need to decide if you're going to leave the sides open or sew them shut. Do so as you wish. Here's a drawing of a sideview that I did where I left the lower portions free and only sewed a bit below the arm opening:

This is YOUR CALL. However, make sure you leave the front and back pieces partially open from the bottom to approx. mid thigh, or you're NOT going to be able to move.

And that's all there really is to it. Hem and trim as desired. I'd actually recommend doing the hemming and the trimming on both the bottom AND the sides before sewing it up when it still looks like the first figure I made.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Suu

That should totally be your new icon.

PopeTom

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on September 26, 2007, 12:50:25 AM
Sweet. At our next event, if we all out in our team colors (black & gold) and matching pole-arms, it'll be like this

but at a LARP

Black & Gold, at a LARP, you're not with Cumberland are you?
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

LMNO

No, they're a really bad Soul Asylum cover band.

AFK

I think Someone Needs to Shove you for that one. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

LMNO

I know this is gonna sound bitchy, but...

Unless you made the helmet, isn't that outfit just a red bedsheet with a hole in it?

Cramulus

Quote from: PopeTom on September 26, 2007, 09:05:26 AM

but at a LARP

Cumberland of Ravenholt, Evendarr? Nah. Different game (Madrigal). We're a mercenary company. Colors were chosen by vote.

PopeTom

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on October 02, 2007, 05:40:52 PM
Quote from: PopeTom on September 26, 2007, 09:05:26 AM

but at a LARP

Cumberland of Ravenholt, Evendarr? Nah. Different game (Madrigal). We're a mercenary company. Colors were chosen by vote.

Do I get any bragging credits if I mention that, when I was still involved w/ NERO, my in-game sister was the one who obliterated Duke Ravenhurst?

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Hail Eris!

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on October 02, 2007, 04:58:05 PM
I know this is gonna sound bitchy, but...

Unless you made the helmet, isn't that outfit just a red bedsheet with a hole in it?

I wish. It's a 5 panel velveteen cloak. The fabric for the outer robe alone is 8 yards and cost me close to $80. The under robe is a tunic which I posted earlier in this fread.

Suu

PopeTom

So, why is it that Shaw's wishes to be associated with the Empire?
-PopeTom

Hail Eris!