News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

Those colors are FUNTASTIC!! I see what you mean about the bunching though. Perhaps if you played around with some bust darts a bit you could minimize that. I don't know if that would be historically accurate but it may fit better that way.
Suu, all your projects look like so much fun! You do great work! I have a hard time sewing stripes, plaids, and well... anything with a one sided pattern really. You make it look easy!  :eek:   
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

Darts aren't period. :( I may have to sneak some in though.

Here's another Turkish ensemble I covet:

Those colors are ROCKIN'.

Here's the layer under it:

You can see how she played with color in the lining here and such. I think I will be making my inner entari long sleeved though. Best part is...she has a pattern on her Flickr too! Yay!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

awesome!

i can really see you've made progress, Suu (in the last year or so, these recent things are all really sweet)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

In case anyone has wondered, I'm still drawing too:

I did this for the final issue of Sky Pirates of Valendor, which will be released at NY Comic Con next weekend. I'll be at the table a few times during the con for signings. Right now I'm working on coloring a print of it and sending it back so that it will be used as a promo postcard.  :mrgreen:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

wow that looks great! how about scanning it in high-res and colouring it digitally? i know you can work the photoshop, so that might be a recipe for awesome?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

I hate coloring digitally. I have a massive hi-res copy of that (I obviously won't post any of my hi-res stuff on the internets) which I just printed out to pencil. It's how I roll.

Valerie - Gone

Quote from: Suu on January 27, 2009, 09:22:40 PM
I hate coloring digitally.
Really? I love doing that. Sucks with a mouse, but... I still think it's fun.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Jenne

:mittens: for all the new work, Suu!  You've been busy!

Raphaella

Nice work on the drawing Suu! You said it's going to be on the promo post card? That's fantastic! Are you getting paid for that, or is it just for fun? Even if it's just for fun you should get some great exposure from it.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

I got paid $30 for the initial commission since it was all just black and white work, but the coloring I'm doing for the sake of publicity. You have to spend money to make money.

Raphaella

That's true. It's pretty cool when you can get paid to do something you LIKE to do though. I'm glad you are making a go of it. I really need to get my act together. Seeing you do these commissions is kinda inspiring you know? Thanks for sharing. 

Suu

I just got a $200 commission today (fucking Imperial Officer uniform) payment pending, plus a $120 drawing commission earlier this week. I just really need to get myself organized. I think when I'm out this afternoon I'm going to look for a whiteboard or corkboard I can hang on my door so I can keep track of my orders, since I now have a queue of things I need to finish and my mind is getting scattered.

Raphaella

Suu

yep, and now my scanner isn't working.

Suu

Also: I'm making Hammer pants.