News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Look in tomorrow's Boston Herald. (YES IT'S THE HERALD, NOT THE GLOBE. The Globe canceled, so the Herald came instead. The camera crew for Channel 5 also decided not to attend, even though the reporter showed up. LOL.)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

1.  The Herald sucks ass.

Quote from: Kaou Suu on October 03, 2007, 03:48:30 AM
And my big debut:

http://www.501neg.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=792&page=1
QuoteTemplate error
Failed to find block 'log_ecards'(#(<!-- BEGIN log_ecards -->)(.*?)(<!-- END log_ecards -->)#s) in :

Site Admin Tools:<br>
                                <a class=mainmenu href="searchnew.php" title="">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a><br>
                                <a class=mainmenu href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="">Edit Albums</a><br>
                                <a class=mainmenu href="catmgr.php" title="">Edit Categories</a><br>
                                <a class=mainmenu href="reviewcom.php" title="">Edit Comments</a><br>
                                <a class=mainmenu href="banning.php" title="">{BAN_LNK}</a><br>
                                <a class=mainmenu href="admin.php" title="">Gallery Config</a><br>
                                <a class=mainmenu href="editpics.php?mode=upload_approval" title="">{UPL_APP_LNK}</a><br>
                                <a class=mainmenu href="util.php" title="">{UTIL_LNK}</a><br>

<!-- BEGIN admin_approval -->
                                <!-- <td class="mainmenu"><a href="editpics.php?mode=upload_approval" title="">admin Approval</a></td> -->
<!-- END admin_approval -->

Suu

They moved the gallery here:

http://www.501neg.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=793

And The Herald failed us. There's one small pic of Vader and the head of a Stormtrooper in with the reporter. Nothing else, not even the sign that the BMC wanted in there.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what was the point of the article?

Suu

To promote Halloween Town on the 27th.

Suu

Et tu, biotch?

Moar proof I need a job:

Roman Tunica Interior

With Stola
(8 yards of red linen...)

Sleeve Detail

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Sir Squid Diddimus

8 yds red linen=

i cannot afford.

nice job :)

Suu

It's linen/rayon blend. I cheated. Shhh.  :wink: Though all the rayon does is stop the flax from fraying. When you see it up close you can't even tell.

Fuck, even the tunica interior is fustian, which is linen and cotton...but at least that's period if I was very rich and bought it from Egypt.

Richter was with me when I got the stuff, and I even made him a tunic out of the red. Good thing they're blends and the store is going out of business, if not....$$$$.

Modern linen is a lot shittier than medieval linen because it's all done by machine now and no one cares enough to sit at a loom day in and day out and weave the fabric themselves. It's often slubby and frays A LOT and comes at strange thicknesses. My Byzantine tunica is WAY too heavy and rather scratchy considering it's 100% flax:

I just realized how eccentric I'm getting with my garb.  :x

I'm on the Eastside....

I'm on the Westside....

Sir Squid Diddimus

tyrannosaurus vex

those are cool

but you lose points for already having xmas stockings up.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Cramulus

Suu,

do you know of a cheap place to buy a dummy which will display my plate mail?

AFK

I only require a dinner and a movie.  That cheap enough for you?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: vexati0n on October 11, 2007, 11:13:51 PM
those are cool

but you lose points for already having xmas stockings up.

That pic was taken last December when I made the Byzantine.

...Though I suppose it would be rather DiscordianTM of me to leave them up year round, eh? Kinda like my giant faded plastic pumpkin we put out for Halloween and leave out until New Years. It even chills under our tree.

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on October 12, 2007, 05:30:02 PM
Suu,

do you know of a cheap place to buy a dummy which will display my plate mail?

I'll be honest, there's no such thing. Torso-forms are pricy. I'd suggest getting a coat rack at Wal-Mart and building something onto it.