News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: Kaou Suu on October 12, 2007, 05:46:21 PM
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on October 12, 2007, 05:30:02 PM
Suu,

do you know of a cheap place to buy a dummy which will display my plate mail?

I'll be honest, there's no such thing. Torso-forms are pricy. I'd suggest getting a coat rack at Wal-Mart and building something onto it.

ooooOOOoh tha'ts a great idea!
Thanks Suu!

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Next costumes for 2008....

501st Legion:

Ysanne "Iceheart" Isard to replace my current officer-

TIE Pilot-

Grand Army of the Republic Advanced Recon Commando (ARC) Captain-

Rebel Legion:

B-Wing Pilot-
(there's really no other good shots. LOL.)

Jaina Solo-
(It's still not finished....)

Anime Boston:

Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil Zero-

:x

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Well, damn.

If anything, outside of armor work, I'm making a life - sized companion cube (Portal) for AB.
Sister is also pondering going and the playing of the cos.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Companion Cube is full of awesome.

Shit, Portal was full of awesome.

The enrichment center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake.

Richter

Yeah, Sis is thinking of a Chell costume too.  2 part cosplay would be win if done well.
I may have to pull a "Snake in the box" gag.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Remember...Friday is Roman day! Make sure you get Poncho Pilates done.

er...

I plan to have my custom mando done as well. Bwua. Rebecca is for the 30+ something massive Resident Evil group.

Suu

The first Christmas gift has been received: A new Singer sewing machine.

It's actually payment for all the work I'm doing for a friend. Heh. More power! *grunts!*

Triple Zero

suu, i assume you shopped that eye into that colour, but do you happen to know if there exist contact lenses that can change your eye colour to such an intense red?

cause the freakiest thing happened to me a few weeks ago, i was walking on the train/bus station, i walked passed a girl, made eye-contact, and she had RED EYES, now it didn't immediately register with me, so i just walked on. when i got to the spot where my bus would arrive in a few minutes, i could still see the back of the girl.
i didn't go back, partly because my bus was going to be there any moment, partly because i had a shitload of other things on my mind, and partly because of the ridiculousness of "pardon me, but did i see correctly that you have red eyes?" (ok, the ridiculousness of that line was actually also part of the attraction of the idea).
anyway, my bus arrived, and i never saw the girl again.

now, aside from whether this girl was a demon, reptile agent, just a trick of the sun, figment of my imagination, or perhaps really wearing red contacts:

NOW I WANT RED CONTACTS BECAUSE THAT'S AWESOME AND FREAKS PEOPLE OUT

(oh, how outlandish of me .. but of course not really for wearing everyday outside on the street, but for going out or a party or something)

i wonder how expensive they are, i probably cannot afford.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

Trip0, they sell shit like that in the Boston subway. I wouldn't trust it, cause it's only about $15.

I formerly had violet color contacts that definitely made my eyes (admittedly light hazel) into a nice vibrant violet. They ran me about $120. Of course, on the other hand, they were prescription, which might've made the difference.

I think if you do an internet search, you will probably find contacts like that, and they will work. They have a small non-colored hole in the center to allow you to see through, and otherwise are just like regular soft lenses.

I also saw someone who had them to make his eyes all white. This was particularly alarming as I walked around a corner and pretty much ran into him, made eye contact, managed to contain my squeak of surprise, apologized, and kept walking. It is pretty jolting to see people with odd eye colors, though!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

i need to ask my opticien (eye doctor person), cause i need prescription as well, otherwise i'd have to wear glasses over the coloured lenses and that would kinda defeat the purpose a bit.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The beauty supply store down the street has non-prescription ones in various colors/styles (including cat and goat) for $19 to $50, depending on the realism.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Darth Cupcake

HAI TRIP0 PLZ POST YUOR ADDRESS AND NIGEL AND I WILL FEDEX YUO CONTACTS COOL KTHX
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

That would be a contact. $35 each. The webcam picked it up all scary like too.