News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Eve on May 18, 2008, 04:02:33 AM
Cake for Suu

OMFG. MAX REBO CAKE.

I WANT.

NAO!

(Seriously...who can make this for me for my birthday?!)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eve

While I can't cook, I do bake decently well.. What do you think Max is made out of?
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Suu

Possibly rolled fondant...

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

BEST COSTUME COMMISSION EVER

I get to make a Cinderella gown for Sabrina Blaze in two weeks for the Providence Pride Parade.  :eek:

Stay tuned to see if I can pull this off.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i have confidence in you.

plz post pix of finished costume

Suu

To give you an idea of what kind of craziness I've gotten myself into this time...

Sabrina Blaze, a well-known local Drag Queen needed a gown for the upcoming Providence Pride Parade, and her seamstress recently had a stroke and can't sew anymore, so a friend of mine volunteered my services as someone with the know-how to sew.

When dressed, this performer has a height of 7'.  :shock:  So this is going to be a 7' tall Cinderella!

Here are the humble beginnings thus far after 2 days of sewing:

As you can see, cornflower satin and chiffon have vomited all over my studio...I need ribbon for the waistband of the skirt portion, as right now it's just tucked into the hoopskirt. It will be pleated nicely, and that's just the bodice lining because I want to get a better fitting before getting the whole thing together. It's loosely pinned in the back.

Unfortunately, the reason why the sparkle chiffon has that gap in the front is because I bought out the bolt at Joann's and I STILL DON'T HAVE ENOUGH. So we're trying 2 more stores tomorrow in Massachusetts to buy enough to get that last panel in so I can finish the skirt.

This all has to be done by the 19th. *dies*

Jenne

Still looks beautiful, Suu.  Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sir Squid Diddimus

that is seven mother fucking feet of Cinderella!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That is just... amazing. And kind of intimidating.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Darth Cupcake

I cannot wait to see the finished product, Suu! That is hardcore, especially that you are getting it done so quickly. Great work!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

I haven't slept a full night in about 3 days now.  :| I literally ran out of fabric, so a friend is bringing more to me tonight.

Suu

Bodice work...It's ready to be lined now. These are probably the best detail shots I can get with a camera phone. Lol.

Front panel is inlaid with the beaded chiffon, and the bodice shell itself is a glitter satin.

Suu

I'll have some more pics of the dress tomorrow, but I listed some auctions of some of my handmade wares...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmuchitsujo

Jenne

Nice stuff--and so how did you mess up the dress?  The zipper part, since you said you needed to buy a zipper.  Those are always hard, esp with chiffon.  Slipper satin even worse.

My mom taught me to sew when I was in 3rd/4th grade.  I also sew costumes, but haven't in a while.  Sewed my kid's spidey costume, sewed a fairy skirt, Winnie the Pooh as a bumble bee, Wilma and Fred Flintstone for my husband and I.  Lots of witches.  TONS of witches.

Anyway...I can't wait to see the costume fully sewn.  Looks like it's going to be kickass.

Suu

I'm playing hookey from work today to get it mostly done.  :x The pattern is weird and doesn't seem like it will fit well, so I'm going to add a panel in the back.

Also, I actually purchased Liquid Stitch and Fray Check for the first time ever...if that tells you how this is going.  :|