News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Oh the float is going to fucking win EVERY SINGLE AWARD during the Pride Parade on Saturday. I guarantee it.

D-Cup! Come down and go to Pride with me! We can hit on all the gay guys together and you can pretend to me my girlfriend!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

It's Saturday?

I will be in Montreal. I would've loved to come down otherwise :sad:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Needle-breakage makes me want to scream and throw and cry. Fucking needles.

I have to take my machine in to the shop, the dogs aren't gripping the way they're supposed to and I don't know what's wrong. Also, something is wrong with my serger, and has been for a long time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I don't know if it's the dogs or the needle not linging up with the plate but OMFG sometimes I want to toss my machine out.  :argh!:

I think I've gotten how to fix it down to a science now though.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

Tell Mr. Suu that you will continue to throw things at him and refuse to move until he provides you with a super duper heavy duty sewing machine. :lol:

Suu

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on June 18, 2008, 07:57:32 PM
Tell Mr. Suu that you will continue to throw things at him and refuse to move until he provides you with a super duper heavy duty sewing machine. :lol:

He offered actually...Until he saw the prices of what an industrial machine goes for.  :x

At the rate I'm going though, my Singer will be burned out by the end of the year. It's AMAZING how well my Brother is still going considering how long I've had it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have a 1971 Viking Husqvarna that I've had since I was 20, and I love it, but I've never had it serviced so really if it's fucked up it's my own damn fault.

If you have a good place nearby, a used industrial machine might be a good way to go.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Nigel on June 18, 2008, 08:24:11 PM
I have a 1971 Viking Husqvarna that I've had since I was 20, and I love it, but I've never had it serviced so really if it's fucked up it's my own damn fault.

If you have a good place nearby, a used industrial machine might be a good way to go.

The combination of VIKING and a SHIT TON OF CONSONANTS is what keeps your sewing machine going strong. That's a nigh unstoppable force right there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on June 18, 2008, 09:07:18 PM

The combination of VIKING and a SHIT TON OF CONSONANTS is what keeps your sewing machine going strong. That's a nigh unstoppable force right there.

:lulz:

Richter

Quote from: Nigel on June 18, 2008, 09:26:25 PM

I have the mental image of a weaponized sewing machine /  chainsaw hybrid. 
Somehow this makes sense to me.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on June 18, 2008, 09:29:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on June 18, 2008, 09:26:25 PM

I have the mental image of a weaponized sewing machine /  chainsaw hybrid. 
Somehow this makes sense to me.

I need one of these, immediately. Mr. Suu would probably disagree.

Richter

I'm going to need a 1920's vintage "Singer" (pref. a pedal - driven model), a Husquvarna chainsaw, and a machine shop.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Darth Cupcake

I am going to need a safe space to duck and hide, but with a good view.

This sounds simultaneously terrible and BRILLIANT all at once.

Sir Squid Diddimus

oh man, the bigger and heavier the machine

the more damage it does when you throw it.

:eek:

Suu

I've only thrown the bobbin casing tonight...and I'm almost done.  :fap: