News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

in fact i'd even say that look/style really works for you, Suu!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 05, 2009, 07:56:45 PM
in fact i'd even say that look/style really works for you, Suu!

Thanks!

What I can say? I was BORN to smuggle rare artifacts across the galaxy.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

New work I've done on my Byzantine. The light blue is a handkerchief, the white is a palla/contabulatim. I didn't sew the gold in there, it came like that. It also has trim on the ends but other than that it's a 4yd long rectangle of fabric. Nothing special. I Gorilla glued the freshwater pearls to the cross, which I found at Joann's (they have them at Michael's too, same brand. Global Nomad, I believe).

More to come before the weekend! Makeup testing today.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Ghetto Headroll in 2 hours of work...

and a full shot with the contabulatim for posterity.

Jenne

Lovely.  Wow, Suu!  Can't wait to see it ALL together, kohled eyes and brows, hat, etc.

Triple Zero

the headroll's colour really suits you, Suu.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Suu

And between now and Saturday, I have to fix and sew on moar purls.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

Freaken Sweet!
You really know how to costume Suu. I also can't wait to see it all together. You made that head roll too right? Neat. I wish I had more time to sew.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

sonne

Now that's a lovely costume! And it's the week-end already!  :argh!:
What will the make-up be like? I really liked the kohl eyes a couple of pages back.

Suu

So between Friday night and Saturday morning, or uh...EARLY Saturday morning and mid Saturday morning, I tightened all of the pearls I already had, fixed missing ones, added more on the points of the segmentae and another row around the collar.  :kingmeh:

It's now such fancy garb with my contabulatim that I don't really want to wear it to just any event anymore. I'm going to have to make a much simpler stola or dalmatica now for low-key comfy events.

...Time to get back to the Ottoman for Constantinople Mark III.

Suu

Triple Zero

:mittens: AND CONGRATULATIONS SUU!! YAAY

Triple Zero

you really outdone yourself

Raphaella

:mittens: Congratulations! These photos are fantastic!  :mittens:
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ