News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

I can't wait to see the formal getup!!!
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

I am so excited I have this pattern you have no idea. I mean, I almost took it to bed last night.

-Suu
Really needs to get out more.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

Oh Shit!! This Costume is going to be EPIC. I am very excited too. When you get a chance please post pics of all the great things you have bought for this project so I can get a better sense of what it will look like. I'm picturing something with beads and bright orange trim right now.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

Show and tell!

Close up, the jet is carved as lotus blossoms, and no two are exactly the same. I nearly died when I saw them, then double-died with the price. But I couldn't resist (so I split them with Leln, who gave me half of the pearls she bought.):

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

:fap: :fap: Double fap! That trim is EXCELLENT! This is going to be soooooooo cool!
Oh I noticed those funky shoes when I did an image search on Ottoman clothing and I see them there on the pattern too. What's the deal there? 

Valerie - Gone

That trim actually looks pretty awesome. When you said orange trim, I was thinking "Ew." But I like it. The designs are cool. I'm getting excited about this costume, too. I can't wait to see it!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Suu

Quote from: Sanguine Penguin on February 01, 2009, 11:40:55 PM
:fap: :fap: Double fap! That trim is EXCELLENT! This is going to be soooooooo cool!
Oh I noticed those funky shoes when I did an image search on Ottoman clothing and I see them there on the pattern too. What's the deal there? 

So you don't ruin your nice embroidered leather slippers in the mud. They're called nalin or in English, pattens. Pretty much outside shoes only.

Raphaella

Thanks  :wink: The more you know...

NikkiLaVey

Quote from: Suu on January 29, 2009, 02:47:18 PM
TURKISH SALVAR MARK 1

Thank god I have lots of cheap fabric to play with. My formal ones will have to be adjusted...a lot. They're SUPPOSED to be this baggy, but my ankles need to be more defined.

They remind me of the Zouave pantaloons I have made
Dream the Good Dream,

Nikki

Suu

I bought fabric for my outer entari.  :fap: :fap: :fap:

Is this not fucking PERFECT?! I need to go get a clashing lining now, probably yellow. I got enough to make a hat as well.

leln

Suu, are you still looking for goldstone? That bead shop I was telling you about has it in different sizes (green and blue too). I probably won't be back there for at least a week or two, but if you tell me the size you want I could check for it the next time I go. Sadly, I forget how the prices were per strand.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Suu

I want blue and gold, and did they have it wide enough for a cord?

Raphaella

Quote from: Chaos Sue on February 11, 2009, 05:30:45 PM
I bought fabric for my outer entari.  :fap: :fap: :fap:

Is this not fucking PERFECT?! I need to go get a clashing lining now, probably yellow. I got enough to make a hat as well.

I love it! Yellow would be great as a lining, or bright orange.

Suu

That bright orange trim I got is going to be the bias taping.  :fap:

leln

Quote from: Chaos Sue on February 12, 2009, 01:58:31 AM
I want blue and gold, and did they have it wide enough for a cord?

I'm not sure it was wide enough for a cord, their website says they sell "jewelry and art quality beads."

http://www.beaucoup-beads.com/

I wasn't looking too closely, I just thought "hmm, Suu was looking for goldstone" and made a mental note to tell you. From the looks of their contacts page, they have a newsletter as well as a general inquiries email, so you could ask for specifics.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."