News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

There's no facing, I just hemmed it. The fabric has a good weight to it so it's staying flat on it's own on the dressform, the cotton underdress I made is a bit more flimsy. Richter usually uses a pennannular to keep his closed since all the garb I've made for him is of light linen. If I did face it, it probably would be a bit more rigid, but I'm lazy.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

I should try just hemming then. Facing is so annoying sometimes, plus all the under stitching and what not.
I'm glad to see you doing more commissions though. When dose work start on the Turkish garb? I'm asking you this lol and I'm too lazy to work on that dress I'm making. Heh. 
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

I'm closing for orders this afternoon. After I fit a sloper for a jacket that someone else is making for me, I begin cutting on the $35 pattern.  :scared:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

I wish you good luck on the whole thing. It's stressful cutting something that is hard to replace, or that cost some serious cash. I can't wait to see this project take off.  :D
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

SHITFUCKDAMN.

*starts throwing things*

I wish my other sewing machine still worked, then Richter and I could turn this place into a sweat shop.

Suu

TURKISH PANCE.

Yes. They are bright fucking orange linen.

Detail of the ankles:

I think when I wear them to the ball I'll put the black stripe in the back (Cheated and did an elastic waist instead of a drawstring). What happened is that I marked the fabric to make buttonholes, and THEN realized that it wouldn't close if I did that, so I had to make some impromptu fasteners. I like it.  :mrgreen:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH OH OH OH

SAFETY PANCE!!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

!!!

S-s-s-s A-a-a-a F-f-f-f E-e-e-e T-t-t-t Y-y-y-y
Safety, pance!

BADGE OF HONOR

What is your cat doing?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Raphaella

Those look great! The impromptu fasteners worked out really well. They look just as if you had planned it all along. This is going to be a truly fantastic costume.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: GERMAN BREAST MACHINE on March 01, 2009, 07:23:09 AM
What is your cat doing?

ruining furniture.
it's their specialty.

those are the awesomest orangest pance ever!!

Suu

Quote from: GERMAN BREAST MACHINE on March 01, 2009, 07:23:09 AM
What is your cat doing?

Being bad.  :evilmad: I need to put new sticky things on my fugly couch to stop them.

...I also need to sew slip covers.

Suu

OTTOMAN UPDATES:

Ran out of linen for the gomlek. Need to acquire more and launder ASAP.

Already on chirka Mark III. Mark I turned into a muslin since the pattern isn't cut for women with no torso, Mark II, after something sitting the back of my head telling me it wasn't right turned out to be too short, so now I hope I have enough fabric for the next one too. However, since it's basically the same pattern for the entari, I'll know where to fix. The chirka is TIGHT, as should be, so I'll be adding some width onto the pattern for the outer robe. *sigh*

I'm starting to think that unless I have singing mice and about 4 other people working on this with me, that it's NOT going to get done by next weekend, and it's starting to really bum me out. I shouldn't be having this many problems.

I'm going to see if I can give up my shift tonight to come home and work on stuff. I'm also picking up a bottle of Hydroxycut so I can start pulling all-nighters, because in addition to my garb, I have a tunic for a friend and Leln's sideless surcoat I have to finish by Friday the 13th.

:kingmeh:

LMNO

Hydroxycut is like, $50 a bottle.  Why not just get some Advil cold and sinus and ride the ephedrine train?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO once again on March 03, 2009, 03:09:12 PM
Hydroxycut is like, $50 a bottle.  Why not just get some Advil cold and sinus and ride the ephedrine train?

:lulz:

That shit is awful! Goddamn. Makes me all kinds of fucked-up.

It's also prescription-only in Oregon now, which sucks for people with chronic congestion.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."