News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: LMNO once again on March 03, 2009, 03:09:12 PM
Hydroxycut is like, $50 a bottle.  Why not just get some Advil cold and sinus and ride the ephedrine train?

Because I don't need the Advil, just the speed. And it's not $50, it's more like $30.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

leln

Quote from: Suu on March 03, 2009, 02:55:34 PM

I'm going to see if I can give up my shift tonight to come home and work on stuff. I'm also picking up a bottle of Hydroxycut so I can start pulling all-nighters, because in addition to my garb, I have a tunic for a friend and Leln's sideless surcoat I have to finish by Friday the 13th.

:kingmeh:

Please don't feel obligated to work on the surcoat if you have more important stuff to finish, like your own garb or commissions. Sleep is more important too-it's not like I don't have anything to wear. Thank you for thinking of me though!
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Suu

I figured push comes to shove we'll throw you in a padded bra and have you wear one of my Italian ren's, but you're taller than I am...

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

leln

Quote from: Suu on March 04, 2009, 02:45:28 AM
I figured push comes to shove we'll throw you in a padded bra and have you wear one of my Italian ren's, but you're taller than I am...

:oops: 
:lulz:

This is going to be terrifying no matter what I do, isn't it?
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Suu

Or hysterical, depending on the point of view.

Jenne

Sorry you're having so many problems, Suu--but your safety pance is hawt.  :D

Suu

After looking at plenty of reference shots here: http://safiye.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03 It appears that the chirka isn't too small at all. It may be a little tight down near my ass though, so I'm going to put in little front gores for an overlap and then work nightly on getting the frogs sewn on.

Phew!

I'll get the gores done today and get the frogs pinned in place, and then get the lining ready for the damask entari.  :scared:

I may have to enlist Richter to help me with the hand-sewing if he feels up to it. And I'll cook my baked ziti Sunday night.

Suu

Bad progress shots because I can't find my SD card AND reader for my camera after I went and spent $$ on batteries...go figure...

- MEASUREMENTS GONE WRONG! News at 11...

Yelek/Chirka over the gomlek. See the pretty sleevies?

Yelek/Chirka ass gores. o.o

A pointless detail shot since the camera phone doesn't get much.

3 layers down, 1 (and a hat) to go!

That yellow thing you see behind me is the lining for the outer most layer.  :fap:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It looks like it's going to be HAWT!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

:argh!: you have what appears to be an actual CUTTING TABLE!  :argh!:

i have to use the floor.

Raphaella

Looks as if it's progressing nicely. I can't wait to see the finished product, I know it will be fantastic.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

Quote from: Squid-diddle on March 08, 2009, 05:39:36 AM
:argh!: you have what appears to be an actual CUTTING TABLE!  :argh!:

i have to use the floor.

Actually it's the flimsiest 8ft folding table in the world. I'd rather just use the floor, but cat hair...

Sir Squid Diddimus

dude we knit sweaters out of the cat hair that collects in the corners around here.

not really, but we could.

Richter

OK.  So here's the scene. 
Suu's cutting gores for a sideless surcoat for Leln.  Of course, I start singing

Leln's gores, Leln's gores.
Leln's gores, Leln's gores.

Suu's begun the cutting, they'll be no recourse now.
Fine threadwork for the ball, responses must be "Wow"
Singing has been request, despite the threats and now

We've yet to see
Upon the floors
Blood may yet flow
Caused by Leln's gores.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Speaking of Leln's gores...Here they are.

And my mask for the ball, which is a redux from another ball, but I added some real pearls to jazz it up: