Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i dunno wut a gore is  :sad:

Suu

A gore is a panel you put typically into a garment to make it fuller.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

This is why I'm hot!

Actual quote from a customer in Germany (Fnordius is his Etsy name, even!)

I am an a reenactment group that portrays a mercenary company in the 15th century, mostly active in the German provinces. Due to my American accent and half Gaelic ancestry (the other half French), I thought it best to dress in the manner of an Irish soldier (many Irish mercenaries fought in the War of the Roses at that time, and it is not unreasonable to imagine one travelling to Europe and joining a local company, as the German provinces were embroiled in the Hussite wars). Thus your leine seemed the most authentic, one I could combine with a long gambeson/clotard, braes and trews. The ionar and the sack sleeves often seen are, like you say on your page, a fashion that came 100 years later.

So not only is another Discordian ordering from me half-way around the world, but he's also impressed with the fact I have a really-real historically accurate item I'm offering.  :digtbk:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Oh and the coincidence that my SCA household is also late-period mercenaries.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on March 09, 2009, 03:24:46 PM
This is why I'm hot!

Actual quote from a customer in Germany (Fnordius is his Etsy name, even!)

I am an a reenactment group that portrays a mercenary company in the 15th century, mostly active in the German provinces. Due to my American accent and half Gaelic ancestry (the other half French), I thought it best to dress in the manner of an Irish soldier (many Irish mercenaries fought in the War of the Roses at that time, and it is not unreasonable to imagine one travelling to Europe and joining a local company, as the German provinces were embroiled in the Hussite wars). Thus your leine seemed the most authentic, one I could combine with a long gambeson/clotard, braes and trews. The ionar and the sack sleeves often seen are, like you say on your page, a fashion that came 100 years later.

So not only is another Discordian ordering from me half-way around the world, but he's also impressed with the fact I have a really-real historically accurate item I'm offering.  :digtbk:

Cooool! See if you can get his nerdy ass on here. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Suu's Gores, Suu's Gores
Suu's Gores, Suu's Gores

She cuts into the damask, slightly unsteady is she
this is the final garment, for her Turkish to be

She needs less caffeine, less she get too mean

A bratty cat, minimal force (no murder allowed on the final course)

Suu's Gores, Suu's Gores
Suu's Gores, Suu's Gores

The Barony of Bridge, is watching so beware
They said she couldn't do it, but still she took the dare
She's be the best dressed at the ball, you'll see if when she's there
It's time to rock, posting on the forum no more

I've stolen her soul, PD...

Signed, Suu's Gores

Suu

The blinding lining is done:

The damask is cut, I'll be sewing that together momentarily. Dunno if I can get it lined by tonight, but I sure as hell am going to try.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

My design skills are even shocking me right now, you have NO idea. I am SO happy with the progress of this project (little snags aside) that when I come down the stairs at the ball on Saturday I may just cry a little.

Jenne

Ooh, love the mask.  The lining is QUITE BRIGHT.  Godspeed, Suu.

Suu

Getting there...buttons and attaching the lining today. I may need Richter's help again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Suu

Ran into problems with the lining...I'm sacrificing sleep tonight.

Jenne

D'oh!  Well, it looks absolutely fabu.

Suu

I hate handsewing with a burning passion, especially tiny whipstitches.