News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I finally got good caps of Lady Jessica!

Oh god look at the yellow on the bottom...

Oh god oh god oh god...

The sleeves are pretty awesome though...

Now I just need to see about getting them to be more hi-res, until then, I now have a much firmer grasp on the fabric and construction (and fucking beading) of this thing. The headpiece is certainly going to be a blasty blast.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Halloween costume time!

What can Suu do with a pile of black polyester and some trim remnants?

(I swear to god I'll get a better camera in here soon)

GS and I are matching as Hades and Persephone. They're costumey, but it was fun and easy. I have an underdress chiton for mine that's in a very smokey purple/silver organza that I'm putting some pearl buttons on.

I also sewed the whole thing with no pins including the trim. I just eyeballed it and said the rosary a few times.

Now I need to get down to RI Costume tomorrow SOMEHOW for the necessary accessories.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Wow.  Awesome job, Suu!

And on the Hades and Persephone:  You gotta post pix of the two of you dressed together.

LMNO

Hopefully, throwing pomegranites at each other.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on October 28, 2009, 01:20:57 PM
Hopefully, throwing pomegranites at each other.

I should have GS pick some up while he's up there, and he can use his work per diem to do it. Haha.

Suu

Steampunk'd Bluetooth headset:

No, it doesn't work. I found it broken on the street. All I did was rub and buff it silver, then spray it hammered bronze, then glue on shit ranging from the sprockets Squid sent me to a button cover, a brass button and a large sewing needle with a blunt tip.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: Suu on November 10, 2009, 07:35:44 PM
Steampunk'd Bluetooth headset:

woah - that's really cool! I've always thought that people wearing bluetooth headsets were basically cyborgs - I would totally use one if they had this level of style. If you could make functional ones, I bet they'd sell like hotcakes.

Suu

I could mod them easy enough, but the amount of capital I would have to start with to even purchase working kits would be astronomical.

Suu

The humble beginnings of my SteamSith obi:

That USED to be a turtleneck sweater, the rest of it is a shrug now.

Suu

This didn't come out nearly as cool as I hoped:

Rib knit is a bitch to use. Next time I salvage a coat or something.

Sir Squid Diddimus

you could totally put some of that flimsy plastic boning in there to make it more rigid and use bias tape around the edges to keep it from fraying. I'd use the thick stuff in a color similar to your design.

It could look pretty swanky

Suu

The edges are finished with a zig zag, so it's not going to fray, but it is rather ragged looking. I've also decided to wear it the other way with the cut edges at the bottom. I also have to make sure that it can retain it's stretch, and bias tape will stop that.

Right now it's one piece, but if I do decided to add bones to the side seams and bias tape, I can always put lacing up the back,  I just don't have time right now.

Suu

Also boots:

And the hood now attached to the back of the shrug:

If anything, it was still a fun project, and it's giving me tons of ideas for what else I can do with clothes from thrift stores.