News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

An interview with you

Started by Peterson Silva, September 16, 2007, 02:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterson Silva

Hello everybody

I've been disappeared for some time cuz I couldn't access the forum. Now it's ok.

I came here to know what you think about me interviewing one of you. We (some Brazilian discordians) will publish it into 'Discordia Brasilis', the first, best and only Brazilian discordian magazine =D

This would be very interesting, because it's the first edition and we would like to make it great.

What do you think about it?
babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah get you lovey-dovey sad and lonely stick your stupid slogan in and everybody sing along

AFK

The forum underwent a little transplant procedure, glad to see you made it back.

This sounds like a great idea.  A good opportunity to reach out to another Discordian community. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

What form would this interview take? Are you looking for a more serious discordian, a silly one, or someone who isn't a discordian at all?

Or are you looking to interview a number of different people?

I mean, this sounds like a lot of fun!

AFK

Just out of curiousity, will this magazine be in print form, digital, or both?  Just curious. 

RWHN,
curious.

Cramulus

I think that sounds awesome. Tell us moar!

faust

she died of natural causes, the money was just resting in my account, and no I don't regret my marriage to ruby wax.

Payne

Quote from: faust on September 16, 2007, 02:47:15 AM
she died of natural causes, the money was just resting in my account, and no I don't regret my marriage to ruby wax yet.

Fixed

Cain

I think we should do a group interview.  Just pick 3 or 4 people with really different opinions, ask questions, then let the fights start.

Triple Zero

sounds like a plan, Rev. Peterson Cekemp, if you would be so kind to post a list of questions in this thread here, we can all answer and bicker about it, you can post followup questions if you like and distill the thread and whatever to what you think looks like a proper interview.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I think that would be perfect.

Also, a link to an online version of your publication would be pretty cool.  Worst comes to worst, send a file version of it to one of us, and I'm sure the POEE.co.uk website can host it for you (when it gets fixed).

Peterson Silva

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 16, 2007, 02:10:00 AM

This sounds like a great idea.  A good opportunity to reach out to another Discordian community. 

That's just what we want. We want to know how the things are going out there, how is discordia in world ;)

Quote from: Payne on September 16, 2007, 02:10:27 AM
What form would this interview take? Are you looking for a more serious discordian, a silly one, or someone who isn't a discordian at all?
Or are you looking to interview a number of different people?
I mean, this sounds like a lot of fun!

Really, I don't know. I think getting one of all kinds would be great! An interview with the "internacional community", you know? It'd be awesome.

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 16, 2007, 02:20:03 AM
Just out of curiousity, will this magazine be in print form, digital, or both?  Just curious.

Since we'd have to have a lot of money to print it in large scale (and we don't have it now), we are first going to publish it in digital form. And the texts published there are not new at all, 'Discordia Brasilis' was meant to be a book a time ago, and then it turned to a magazine project, but we got the book texts to work on.

But yeah, we're thinking of ways to publish it in print form =D

Quote from: Cain on September 16, 2007, 01:52:42 PM
Just pick 3 or 4 people with really different opinions, ask questions, then let the fights start.

I like that

Quote from: triple zero on September 16, 2007, 02:13:07 PM
to post a list of questions in this thread here, we can all answer and bicker about it, you can post followup questions if you like and distill the thread and whatever to what you think looks like a proper interview.

Oh yeah, since we have a lot of interesting different ideas here, I think this is veeeery good =)

Quote from: Cain on September 16, 2007, 02:16:14 PM
Also, a link to an online version of your publication would be pretty cool.  Worst comes to worst, send a file version of it to one of us, and I'm sure the POEE.co.uk website can host it for you (when it gets fixed).

I'm still working on it, and I think there are only three ou four texts to put there... And, of course, the interview. Then I do the pdf file and send a copy.

But... It'll be in portuguese. =/

We're planning to launch the project officially on aftermath 5 (malaclypse day)

Allright, let's see... I don't know who I'm going to interview, so I'll just put the first question here. After I choose some parts to create a summary of the whole thing.

Ok, there it goes... I'm not gonna start with controversy, let's get it easy.

When did you become a discordian? Why? How?

babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah get you lovey-dovey sad and lonely stick your stupid slogan in and everybody sing along

Triple Zero

ok i'll answer one

I "became" a discordian, or at least decided I might just as well label myself as one, after hanging around on these forums for about a year or so.
It all happened because one fine summer in Prague I read the Illuminatus! Trilogy, and I was quite baffled to find that it connected all sorts of "weird" philosophy I had been chasing after all by myself via the Internet and books, movies and such, that I never considered were even part of one theme. I had stumbled across the Principia Discordia, Subgenius, the Self-liberators Digest, weird mystical and occult stuff, satanism, zen, political paradoxes, anarchy, chaos, absurdism, new age, entheogenic drug-induced revelations a la Leary and Watts, deoxy.org, etcetera etcetera.
Some of them I only touched upon briefly, but all the time I had simply been following my own path, reading about stuff that picked my interest. And then the Illuminatus! Trilogy tied nearly all of these subjects together into one crazy story. It blew my mind. After some time, I wondered if I was the only one who had experienced that, and as the core theme everything revolved around seemed to be "discordia", I queried a search-engine for "discordian forum", ended up here, and the rest is my history..
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mangrove

When? Why? How?

When/How: Summer of 2004 was when I first became aware of Discordianism. The PD book kept showing up on my Amazon recommended list, so in the end I said "Ok, I'll read this stupid book if you stop recommending it to me!" I read parts of the version hosted on the PD.com site and then purchased a hardcopy. Having read it from cover to cover, I came back to this site.

Why: I don't really self-identify as a 'Discordian'. Discordianism was something that I happened upon and found appealing, particularly the way in which it should puncture the inflated egos & hypocrisy found in religions/occult groups etc. The notion of 'creative disorder' was attractive, especially at the time when I first read the book. The manager I had in my old job was so incredibly narrow-minded, rule bound and overbearing, Discordian ideas suited my needs perfectly. I guess you could say it was a marriage of convenience.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

It was Spring of 2005.

My friend and co-worker Chuck Full-O-Pope brought in this black book to work one day.  The week before he had brought in Hitchhiker and was reading quotes during downtime.  Anyhoo, yeah it was the Steve Jackson Games version of the PD.  One of the first things he did was give me the Starbuck's Pebble Test.  He had put these 5 dots on a piece of paper asked me to connect them and tell him what I saw.  I saw a pentagon AND a star.  I was intrigued.  He lent me the book during a long trip to upstate NY.  I read it.  Some of it was silly, some of it was seriously silly, it was great.  And even before I read that infamous line, I knew it was more than a ha ha. 

Honestly, the book was someting of a reaffirmation of things I had already thought and felt.  I just didn't realize there was an actual irreligion/philosophy devoted to it.  I was in a similar situation as Mang, job-wise.  I'd read the book during breaks.  Jot down ideas, some of which ended up in BIP.  I don't treat it as a religion, but I do think the philosophies like "Think for yourself, Shmuck", "creative disorder", etc., are not only pertinent to current society, but very important. 

Cause those armed with themselves have the best chance at making it through this gauntlet we are all in. 

Peterson Silva

Great =D
Who's the older (not in age, but in discordianism) in this forum?