News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

An interview with you

Started by Peterson Silva, September 16, 2007, 02:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on June 07, 2008, 09:11:10 PM
The thing that bothers me is his painful sincerity.  Man needs to go outside more often.

talking about me, or Uncle BadTouch?

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on June 07, 2008, 09:12:02 PM
PS everyone likes me because I have boobs.

you're so special. :roll:

are you trying to wow us with your extra genetic material?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BADGE OF HONOR

I wasn't serious, about the boobs part at least.  I'm just saying, this Uncle BadTouch guy wanders in, writes a novel about himself, then talks about himself in pms to everyone, then keeps talking about himself and what he's done and who he's met, all with a great deal of seriousness.  Yeah, that might be cool if we all knew and accepted him, but he's a stranger round these parts.  It just comes off as self-important, cause for all we know he's got no street-cred. 

Me, by contrast, I've been part of this site for a long time, even if I do drop out occasionally.  I've posted my fluff and made my rants and had long debates and squashed noobs and put up posters and things like that.  Hell, I bitched out Roger and ECH repeatedly when they were being douchebags.  I would hope that people remember me.  I certainly remember you.  I act like a giant attention whore because that is my internet persona and I assumed that everyone knew I was being, how do you humans say, humorous.  Uncle BadTouch has no humor that I can detect, and he annoys me.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The impression I get of him so far (and I am certainly willing to change that impression based on future interactions with him) is of someone with big fish/small pond syndrome... he's built himself a nice following on his site, one consisting largely of younger people. There's a certain dynamic accompanying that, and I think he's grown so accustomed to that dynamic that he was, perhaps subconsciously, expecting to see it repeated here, and wasn't prepared to have to start from the beginning and go through all the steps of earning our respect.

Now, he could go in a couple of directions, depending on how well he's able to handle being outside of his comfort zone; he can mingle, chat, and try to join our group as just another spag like us, or he can retreat to his demesnes, where he is already the king of the roost.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: triple zero on June 07, 2008, 09:06:56 PM
actually, IMO, he hasn't really tried to "wow" us, at least that's not how it looked like to me, but more how some people reacted to it.

he's a long-time discordian from a different community, it's only natural to start off by introducing his background, no?

plus, am i the only one who sees the irony in RBoG--who i also dont know--practically being hailed as a saint, at the same time?

by all means, attack him for being a douchebag, but it's not going to help much in the douchebaggery category if he's attacked for simply every post he makes, regardless of content.

Well, that's how it came off to me.  And there is no irony.  It's been a long time since some of us long-timers have seen RBoG.  So it's natural for us to be giddy with delight at her return.  Uncle BadTouch just has bad timing.  Maybe I'm just in a surly space right now, but that's how I see it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Daruko

when he hinted at being sexually attracted to children, he lost me   :vom: 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, he's got a lot of 'splainin' to do on that one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Fuck. That's two threads in a row I've clicked on where that issue has come up.

LMNO

Quote from: triple zero on June 07, 2008, 09:06:56 PM

plus, am i the only one who sees the irony in RBoG--who i also dont know--practically being hailed as a saint, at the same time?

Not really.  On PD.com, RBoG has proven, documented WIN.  She has shown what kind of person she is though 4000 posts, and those of us who remember her, remember her well.

She's taken her share of flames, and dished it out, too.  On the basis of the majority of her posts, she's cool.

On the basis of the majority of Uncle BadTouch's posts, not so much.  But I'm willing to hear him out.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on June 07, 2008, 10:40:47 PM
The impression I get of him so far (and I am certainly willing to change that impression based on future interactions with him) is of someone with big fish/small pond syndrome... he's built himself a nice following on his site, one consisting largely of younger people. There's a certain dynamic accompanying that, and I think he's grown so accustomed to that dynamic that he was, perhaps subconsciously, expecting to see it repeated here, and wasn't prepared to have to start from the beginning and go through all the steps of earning our respect.

Now, he could go in a couple of directions, depending on how well he's able to handle being outside of his comfort zone; he can mingle, chat, and try to join our group as just another spag like us, or he can retreat to his demesnes, where he is already the king of the roost.

I think you're almost right, Nigel.

PD.com often appears fantastically disconnected from much of the "Discordian Internets". Uncle BadTouch is a pretty well known guy in most of the Discordian Internets circles and a number of the real life Discordian circles. Recently, PD.com has been more interactive, but really, this has been a sort of Ivory Tower for Discordians. Other than St. Syn, and Cram (by another name) I don't recall seeing any of the other posters in the rest of Discordialand, except here. I've been a member here since 2003 and usually just watched the flamefests and fights like a Roman at the Coliseum, then went off to other Discordian realms to actually have my fun.

Uncle BadTouch will have to acclimate himself to the unique tricks of PD.com, no doubt. But, I don't think its fair to say "Big Fish, Small Pond" when pd.com seems much more like an exclusive aquarium at Sea World.  :lulz:

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

"Ivory Tower"?

Did you forget? 

We're the "Sandy Vagina" of Discordia.

Mangrove

ATTN: Real Discordians (tm) -

If you find iconoclasm troubling, then you've picked the wrong sandbox to play in.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: LMNO on June 09, 2008, 05:54:08 PM
"Ivory Tower"?

Did you forget? 

Quote from: Mangrove on June 09, 2008, 05:56:15 PM

If you find iconoclasm troubling, then you've picked the wrong sandbox to play in.

Was that on purpose?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: keeper entropic on June 09, 2008, 07:15:10 PM
"Ivory Tower"?

Did you forget? 

Was that on purpose?

ROFL!

Appropriate, for Sand is what's left of Mother Earth, once Eris gets done beating the shit out of her.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mangrove

"Ivory Tower"?

Did you forget? 

Was that on purpose?

No. Just sort of fell out of my head and then I noticed LMNO's post.

Point still stands though.

I remember the time that me and Thornley got drunk & hate a whole box of Twinkies!
\
:gheyforum:

PD.com -->  :|
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Quote from: Mangrove on June 09, 2008, 07:26:19 PM
"Ivory Tower"?

Did you forget? 

Was that on purpose?

No. Just sort of fell out of my head and then I noticed LMNO's post.

Point still stands though.

I remember the time that me and Thornley got drunk & hate a whole box of Twinkies!
\
:gheyforum:

PD.com -->  :|

For the record, I'd hate a whole box of Twinkies, too.