News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Fashion Design: Steampunk

Started by Kaienne, September 25, 2007, 06:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourning Star

Quote from: Nigel on February 01, 2008, 10:16:11 PM
She has never claimed PTSD to my knowledge (I think I brought it up) and the specific thing about her attitude that makes her racist and not simply afraid is that she rationalizes it, rather than accepting that it is an irrational fear. She claims not to be racist, and presents a bunch of transparent rationalization to justify her racism.

PTSD or not, that is racism, and it's personally repugnant to me for obvious reasons. If she does have PTSD, and it results in an irrational fear of black men, her attitudes are still her responsibility. They may have a legitimate root, but that does not make them legitimate or rational.

You WOULD say that...

Rapist.

B_M_W

She has never claimed PTSD to my knowledge (I think I brought it up) and the specific thing about her attitude that makes her racist and not simply afraid is that she rationalizes it, rather than accepting that it is an irrational fear. She claims not to be racist, and presents a bunch of transparent rationalization to justify her racism.

PTSD or not, that is racism, and it's personally repugnant to me for obvious reasons. If she does have PTSD, and it results in an irrational fear of black men, her attitudes are still her responsibility. They may have a legitimate root, but that does not make them legitimate or rational.

Yes.

For that reason I am not going to take part in any of this anymore. Until I can actually work up myself to talk to her about this, its not my place to join in.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hope it ends up being OK. I really want that to work out for you. And, in most respects, I like Aini, and I hope that she is able to recognize her issues and resolve them in a way that is true to her natural goodness.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hunter s.durden

PTSD or not, that is racism, and it's personally repugnant to me for obvious reasons.

What race are you?
I've seen your picture, but you look very Racially Amiguous to me. The only answer that would suprise me would be full blooded Chinese or something.
This space for rent.

Mourning Star

Quote from: hunter s.durden on February 02, 2008, 11:56:44 PM
PTSD or not, that is racism, and it's personally repugnant to me for obvious reasons.

What race are you?
I've seen your picture, but you look very Racially Amiguous to me. The only answer that would suprise me would be full blooded Chinese or something.

She's actually Atlantean...she paid a LOT of money for hair removal.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz:

I'm a mutt... I'm about half American indian, an eighth black, and 3/8 mixed Welsh/English/Scottish descent.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

Quote from: Nigel on February 03, 2008, 12:18:17 AM
:lulz:

I'm a mutt... I'm about half American indian, an eighth black, and 3/8 mixed Welsh/English/Scottish descent.

With that combo of DNA, it's amazing your body hasn't just exploded....

English DNA:  Righto lads. Hate to be a nuisance, but I'm in charge now. Toodle Loo!

Scottish DNA:  Shut up yer radge cunt, sassenach!

Welsh DNA:  Hey boyo! [sings something in close harmony]

English DNA:  That's enough out of you taffy...and leave those sheep alone.

Scottish & Welsh DNA:  Let's team up and oust the English bastard!

English DNA:  Bugger. Next they'll be wanting their own parliaments.

Meanwhile....

Native DNA:  Who are you guys?

Black DNA:  We're Africans, brought here against our will. Who are you?

Native DNA:  We live here. In fact, we've always lived here.

Black DNA:  No offense, but if it wasn't for the slave ships, I doubt if we would've bothered to come look for you. It's too cold & rainy for one thing.

Native DNA:  No offense, but we didn't really expect to see black people...we thought everyone was red until the whites showed up.

Black DNA: So you've met the whites, then?

Native DNA: Yeah. Things started out ok, but then took a serious nose-dive once they'd figured out how to build viable settlements.

Black DNA: I'm not a fan.

Native DNA: Well, guess we'll see you 'round.

Black DNA: Yeah...I guess.

English/Welsh Scottish DNA: Shut up the pair of you, we're in charge!!

Evolutionary forces: So, how long do you think it'll be until they figure out that interbreeding among the different ethnicities strengthens the human gene pool by cancelling out hereditary diseases that are prevalent in their various populations? Ok....that's just crazy talk...sorry I brought it up....

Combined DNAs: SHUT UP!!

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

B_M_W

That got a smirk out of me.

On a day when I haven't been smiling much. Good work. ^_^
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mangrove

Quote from: B_M_W on February 03, 2008, 04:33:08 AM

Glad I could help, BMW. Had a feeling you'd appreciate some genetic lulz.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mangrove on February 03, 2008, 10:26:14 PM

Gregor Mendel researched the genetics of pea plants for the lulz.

B_M_W

Quote from: Cainad on February 04, 2008, 06:25:38 AM

Yes, he likely did it out of secret boredom with christianity and the monastic life.

Suu

This thread needs moar steampunk...

Something I'm working on.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: B_M_W on February 04, 2008, 01:17:36 PM
Quote from: Cainad on February 04, 2008, 06:25:38 AM

Yes, he likely did it out of secret boredom with christianity and the monastic life.

Not allowed to have sex?

The next best thing is science!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu Fett on February 04, 2008, 03:43:58 PM
This thread needs moar steampunk...

Something I'm working on.

i like this.
it inspires me.
but i have to work today so there will be no sewing for me :(
maybe this weekend.