News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Vexati0n's Material

Started by Cramulus, September 25, 2007, 07:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: vexati0n on August 27, 2009, 05:41:54 PM
I figure I can settle down and get back into a more productive role here at PD when I'm a washed-up 40-something with nothing left to lose except all my memories of the days when I thought I had a chance to make my life count for something, at least to myself. Maybe then I can summon the bitterness, the complete lack of faith in the human experience, and the utter loss of hope for humankind that has become a prerequisite to Discordian thought these days.

Maybe your Discordian thought, spag.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO on August 28, 2009, 01:22:08 PM
For what it's worth Vex, you produced a shitload of material while you were here, and a lot of it holds up really well.

Thanks for your contributions, and thanks for not being a prick about us still using it, unlike, say... Net.

Well, that's one way to look at it.

Another would be that Roger added me to his shitlist.

So I pulled all materials that supported his writing.

I guess not being a prick in my situation means being a doormat.

No fucking thanks.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 29, 2009, 09:43:00 AM
Quote from: LMNO on August 28, 2009, 01:22:08 PM
For what it's worth Vex, you produced a shitload of material while you were here, and a lot of it holds up really well.

Thanks for your contributions, and thanks for not being a prick about us still using it, unlike, say... Net.

Well, that's one way to look at it.

Another would be that Roger added me to his shitlist.

So I pulled all materials that supported his writing.

I guess not being a prick in my situation means being a doormat.

No fucking thanks.

1.  Fortunately, all those materials were saved elsewhere.

2.  If you didn't treat women like shit, you wouldn't be on my shitlist.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

the contents of vex's FTP

(stripped down to fit in 1 file)

http://ifile.it/72o8dx9

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on August 28, 2009, 07:55:33 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 28, 2009, 07:15:34 PM
Ok, that is fairly dickish.

I mean, most of us here aren't 40 yet.

:x  Climbing ever so slowly up that hill, though.

Yeah, I resent the implication that we're all has-been assholes with nothing better to do.

Yeah, I'm pretty close myself. Don't feel washed-up or even all that jaded, yet, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on September 09, 2009, 08:51:36 AM

Yeah, I resent the implication that we're all has-been assholes with nothing better to do.

Yeah, I'm pretty close myself. Don't feel washed-up or even all that jaded, yet, though.

Point of order:  We're having a good time when we post here.  He's bitter.  Go figure.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Richter

I've seen washed up 40 year olds, and no one of the posters here has the requisite "slouch of broken dreams", or the "wan face of no more fun".  If anything, y'all are examples of how the fun never goes away, it just gets WEIRDER.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on September 09, 2009, 07:04:06 PM
I've seen washed up 40 year olds, and no one of the posters here has the requisite "slouch of broken dreams", or the "wan face of no more fun".  If anything, y'all are examples of how the fun never goes away, it just gets WEIRDER.

Yes, bitter and hateful do not equate to "washed up".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2009, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 09, 2009, 08:51:36 AM

Point of order:  We're having a good time when we post here.  He's bitter.  Go figure.

Like I said, my guess is he's having a midlife crisis and projecting it onto us.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2009, 07:09:53 PM

Washed up are the folks who stopped caring after high school, when they couldn't coast on natural talent any more.  Or after College, when they weren't around friends 24/7.  Or after their 20's when they were SURE they were what was "happening"  (continue as necessary.  That's jsut as far as I've gotten myself)
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on September 09, 2009, 08:41:34 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2009, 07:09:53 PM

Washed up are the folks who stopped caring after high school, when they couldn't coast on natural talent any more.  Or after College, when they weren't around friends 24/7.  Or after their 20's when they were SURE they were what was "happening"  (continue as necessary.  That's jsut as far as I've gotten myself)

Washed up means you stopped moving, and forgot how to laugh at horrible shit "normal" people won't even bring up.

Richter

Washed up is living anyone's hype but your own.

The Good Reverend Roger