News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

YOU KNOW WHAT FUCKING BUGS ME ABOUT THIS GODDAMN CENTURY?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 30, 2007, 05:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Blarg

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Littlest Ubermensch

You mean to say the average person is a dumb, blind lowest common denominator and the society we live in is unpleasantly corporatist, valuing nothing beyond profit? Odin's beard! I'm in shock.

TLU
-Jaded about being jaded.

And I disagree that somehow "the bad guys" are more generic. Perhaps you're just no longer seeing everything in black and white and allowing the enemy to just be an airhead instead of some monumental thing of evil for you to hate.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on September 30, 2007, 05:46:18 AM
And I disagree that somehow "the bad guys" are more generic. Perhaps you're just no longer seeing everything in black and white and allowing the enemy to just be an airhead instead of some monumental thing of evil for you to hate.

Bullshit.  Nixon WAS a monumental thing of evil.  So, to a lesser extent, was Reagan.

What we have now?  Pfffft.  Claudius.  Only this, and nothing more.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

this is the Troof.

more and more, i'm thinking the Enlightenment was one of the greatest trolls ever perpetrated on a bunch of unsuspecting dupes.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

rabidpigmy

I agree with TLU, but I might also add that with time the position of power may have shifted and that guy who we think is the head is no longer the real threat. The enemies are his superiors *edited due to wrong wording*. Duh-duh-duh! :eek:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rabidpigmy on September 30, 2007, 06:27:03 AM
I agree with TLU, but I might also add that with time the position of power may have shifted and that guy who we think is the head is no longer the real threat. The enemies are his superiors *edited due to wrong wording*. Duh-duh-duh! :eek:

HAR HAR HAR!

WRONG AGAIN.

The president is owned by his contributors.

His contributors are corporations (Halliburton, etc).

The corporations are owned by the shareholders.

The shareholders are mostly mutual funds, etc.

The mutual funds are owned by the people that use them for retirement plans.

That's Joe 6 Pack.  You and me.

TGRR,
Has met the enemy, and he is us.

tyrannosaurus vex

We always knew the political system was a setup.  But old bad guys like Nixon at least had the decency to throw their own evil into the mix or magnify their superiors' evil.  This guy we have now is so transparent they had to take all the makeup talent out of Hollywood just to keep his corpse looking animated on teevee.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

rabidpigmy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2007, 06:31:12 AM

HAR HAR HAR!

WRONG AGAIN.

TGRR,

Precisely.  :lol::emo:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rabidpigmy on September 30, 2007, 06:35:26 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2007, 06:31:12 AM

HAR HAR HAR!

WRONG AGAIN.

TGRR,

Precisely.  :lol::emo:

This is why my rant was mostly about the People, not the president.

Which TLU chose to ignore.

rabidpigmy

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rabidpigmy on September 30, 2007, 06:59:26 AM
It's a loop, damnit! A loop! :eek:

Obviously.

That's why we call it The Machineā„¢ or The Conspiracy of Normality.

rabidpigmy

This loop's a damn theme these days. It almost seems like it's between Opt Out, or Choose Your Own Adventure? Either way they come to an End. ...?

DarkStar

We are the problem.  No one gives a shit about their own personal freedom.  Most of us are content to allow the government to tell us what is ok and what is not ok.  I hate those bastards for that.

Freedom should never be taken for granted.  When you give yours away, you give mine.  Fuck you.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2007, 05:30:07 AM
  Indeed, we are kings of creation.  Until the power fails...Then, of course, we are simply 2 legged stores of fat for aggressive coyotes.

:lulz: or  :cry:

I don't know anymore.

But definately  :mittens:
This space for rent.

B_M_W

Quote from: rabidpigmy on September 30, 2007, 06:59:26 AM
It's a loop, damnit! A loop! :eek:

Is it an open loop or a closed loop? If its a closed loop, then we are totally fucked because someone already closed the loop and it didn't work.

If its an open loop, however...then we just have to figure out how to close it. And once we do, its like one of those block towers where you take one block out at just the right place.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.