News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

I has a microphone, but I sucks at it...

Started by Cain, October 04, 2007, 05:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

yeah make a report on all the trolling stuff that's been going on

act like you're reporting live from the ruins of TCC

have shouting mobs and explosions in the background (if possible with your sound editing program try to equalize down the 1000-4000 Hz range, that's where the intelligible bit of voice resides, around and about)

also resist the temptation to add reverb to your voice ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

lail.

I like the idea of the ruins of TCC though.  I might be able to rip some war film footage from YouTube or something, I know a site which can convert it to mp3 format.

Cainad (dec.)

Cain

AFK

Cool.  The only comment I'd make, and it maybe just my laptop's speakers, but the sound effects seem to drown out your words in a few places.  Otherwise, good show. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2007, 09:44:21 PM
lol

Also

http://mihd.net/3vc8eo

3 things:

1.  You have a very sexy voice.

2.  Hold the mic 3-4 inches away from your mouth; it will reduce the pops and breath noises.

3.  LOL.

pelerising

Quote from: LMNO on October 05, 2007, 02:08:02 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2007, 09:44:21 PM
lol

Also

http://mihd.net/3vc8eo

3 things:

1.  You have a very sexy voice.

2.  Hold the mic 3-4 inches away from your mouth; it will reduce the pops and breath noises.

3.  LOL.

Holy Crap is that an understatment.

Cain

Americans always say that  :wink:

But yeah, I realized that with the mic as well, though this one seems a bit...tempermental.  Apart from that, I just have to tweak the volume and I think I'm set.

Thanks, constructive criticism is exactly what I wanted.

LMNO

Home-made pop filter:

1 wire coat hanger

1 old pair of panty hose (ask violette first, your wierdo)

Bend one end of wire hanger into a loop about 4"-5" in diameter, leaving the rest straightened out.

Slip the hose over the loop, creating a screen.

Place filter between your mouth and the mic (it helps if you have a mic stand for this), a few inches from both.

Mic ---> Filter ---> Mouth

This should help with the vocal splosives.

Cain

That sounds like a lot of effort for a Friday afternoon.  I'll give it a go though, thanks.

LMNO

Oh, and make sure Violette isn't wearing the pantyhose when you try to shove a bent coathanger in them. 

Could cause some consternation.

Cain

LMNO

Cain

I think podcasting may be put back a few days, unless you want to listen to me cough and blow my nose for an hour.

This cold is fucking persistent.  And yes, I'm taking all the traditional (and not so traditional) cures.