News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

I has a microphone, but I sucks at it...

Started by Cain, October 04, 2007, 05:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2007, 10:06:22 AM
I think podcasting may be put back a few days, unless you want to listen to me cough and blow my nose for an hour.

This cold is fucking persistent.  And yes, I'm taking all the traditional (and not so traditional) cures.

have you tried the Pterodactyl Handler's recent remedy?

APPARENTLY IT WORKS

Cain

I'm going to stick to Ibuprofen, strepsils, hot drinks and oh so soft balm tissues, thanks.

I might have a curry later though, I've always found that helpful when the cold is nearing an end (like it is now.  We're turning the corner on my Immuno-defence system.  Major combat operations are over and my cells will treat the conquering white blood cells by throwing flagellum).

Cainad (dec.)

Do not deny the power of a warm solution of salt and sodium bicarbonate snorted directly up both nostrils (yes, baking soda; didn't know about THAT secret ingredient did you now?). Use a squirt bottle if possible, it's much more efficient.

Payne

You have to hang your head off the edge of the bed or couch. Or you might get the solution all over the floor.

Iron Sulfide

whatever happened to good, old-fashioned suffering?

Ya' stupid Yank.

Cain

I decided it sucked balls and that the power of modern medical advances should help me instead.

LMNO

Quote from: Payne on October 12, 2007, 07:46:29 PM
You have to hang your head off the edge of the bed or couch.

Deepthroat training, ITT.

Cain

Shit.  For some reason my mic wont record.  It might be broken, I'm not sure.  I was messing with some voice alteration software the other night, thinking it might come in useful.  Now I've checked my preferences and I'm using the Conexant sound card as both input and output, but nothing records.  And its not a problem with Audacity, because Skype wont do anything either.

Suggestions?

Edit: bought a new mic and it still wont work.  I'm really stuck now.

AFK

I had a similar problem not too long ago.  I recently bought a USB mic to replace the one my cat chewed through.  Anyhoo, I changed the settings in the control panel and it still wouldn't work.  I think I had to actually change some settings in the actual music software I was using.  However, your issue seems more systemic so it's probably something different entirely. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

make sure the track record options in your software has the soundcard you are using set as the record device
its a common mistake
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LMNO

Yeah, it might be that the computer is looking of the mic in the wrong place, or the internal mic isn't selected.

Or, you busted it.

Cain

I think it has the mic selected as the record device.  At least, in Audacity, it says microphone up in the top right, and under the I/O preference settings, I have my sound card selected there.

LMNO

[Asshole Tech Support, Inc]

Did you try to reboot your computer?

[/Asshole Tech Support, Inc]

Cain

I tried system restore, in case the sound card had burnt out (even though it obviously hadn't, since I've been listening to Kayne West and some live Kyuss material all day).