News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

On The Subway

Started by hooplala, October 31, 2007, 11:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

While on the subway surrounded by dog-faced boys and urine-smelling women it occurred to me that I do indeed live on the Planet Of The Apes.  Packed back to back and ham to ham people sweated as they picked their noses burping and hiccuping while dreaming of who would get kicked off American Idol and wondering why it was so much more fulfilling than Canadian Idol. 

An elbow in the ear and supposedly turn the other cheek is the answer when slicing the same cheek would be so much more fulfilling.  Bleach blonde babes check their reflections in the dark doors as flickering lights fly by in the background . . . the hair is green and brittle at the ends, the lighting would make Johansen look like George Arliss.

Grinding teeth is not a suitable substitute for quick and hard jabs to the kidneys. 

Children hang from poles like strippers missing legs banging into thick full coats filled with sweat and hate.  Necks so thin and frail a simple Tura Satana chop could take the whole thing off, bounce bounce bouncing down the aisle people feigning horror and fright while secretly screaming WHOOP in the basements of their heads.

Sometimes in crowds such as these the only suitable answer is a chain-saw.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mother John Frumm

Like the Tura Satana reference. She is MY American Idol. Double plus bad on the public transportation. Double plus good on the chain-saw.
"He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots"

"...I also move for GPS drone fighting forces to guard McVeighs grave in case he re-rises like the messiah and plays games with me like Patrick Swaze did to Demi Moore in Ghost..."

Riches v. McVeigh et al  http://news.justia.com/cases/jonathan-lee-riches/

Cain

Packing people in like sardines cannot lead to anything good.  Apart from the dubious hygiene of some people, there is the simple fact that people actually need real personal space.  Moving in closely is normally an intimidation tactic, especially if you don't know the person.  Its only right people feel agitated and stressed while in crowds of people.

Our cities have serious design flaws, it must be said.

Triple Zero

hmm, real-life psychotecture?

you're right though. the crowdedness gets on my nerves from time to time as well.

especially when i'm trying to find a nice place, outside, to be alone for a while. it's nearly impossible. you have to ride bike pretty far to find a place that even just counts as "quiet". and even if you go all the way into the countryside (the typical dutch very flat stretches of grass with the occasional ditch, cow and tree) you're still going to encounter a bicycling elderly couple just about every 15 minutes or so ..
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Good, accurate reflection of how you feel some days packed into a train (2+ hours daily, myself).
Still, I've seen few incidents occur.  Some folks may get into an arguement over a seat, or give a conductor crap, but rarely does anyone get assaulted.  People jumping off, or in front of tracks is more common. Hopefully "train rage" doesn't catch on, it'd be life justifying paranoia too much.

Making space in your own head helps, (reading, puzzles, music, etc.), but 000 got it right, you just need to get away from people.     
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

B_M_W

Quote from: triple zero on November 01, 2007, 12:12:50 PM
hmm, real-life psychotecture?

you're right though. the crowdedness gets on my nerves from time to time as well.

especially when i'm trying to find a nice place, outside, to be alone for a while. it's nearly impossible. you have to ride bike pretty far to find a place that even just counts as "quiet". and even if you go all the way into the countryside (the typical dutch very flat stretches of grass with the occasional ditch, cow and tree) you're still going to encounter a bicycling elderly couple just about every 15 minutes or so ..

I am easily overwhelmed sensorally. If I am in a crowded place with lots of people talking or loud music, I have to leave perodically, I just can't stick around. Same for florecent lights, they make me tired and screw with my eyes. Same for smells and tastes, really On the other hand, I have a really emotional/mental/physical attactment and dependency on human touch. Cities are not the place for me, they drive me crazy, but I need people around to be with.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LMNO

I think the word you're looking for is "tribe".

Being around people is ok, as long as they are your people.

Not a criticizm, btw.  I feel the same sometimes.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman