News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

tranquil rant

Started by Penumbral, November 26, 2007, 04:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penumbral

I have hopes, dreams, and beliefs. I hope you don’t stop. You have a job to do. You better get out there every day and do it. I hope you continue to sell me my products, you make them, you invent them and I hope that you continue. I hope that you fight for your cause whether you want revolution, money, or happiness. Don’t stop we need you. I need you. I need you to go to school, strive and struggle get a job, marry, make more people, but most importantly you must produce. You see, you are not liberated, you can’t be, and you shouldn’t be.  Vote, because I care about your opinion, I care about what you want.

I dream for a world in which you don’t wake up, one where everyday you see the signs, but they simply don’t affect you. I want you to be numb and impressionable. Don’t you want that house, that new car, and those awesome new clothes. Buy them, people depend on you.

Whatever your job is you are important. To me you are as important as any cell in my body. You make up the life tissue of this world. I dream for a time when wherever life places you that is where you are complacent. Wouldn’t it be nice if you where content. I want you to be; content in the struggles ahead of you.  It’s not just the producers I care about; I care about the rebels to. I hope you dedicate yourself to your battle. I want to see you put up those flyers and stand on my street corner. Whatever your revolution is I care about it. I hope that one day after the fighting when you stand in that room and see your options you don’t realize they are all the same.

I hope you laugh, smile, and enjoy friendly company.  I hope you feel safe. I want you to have fear, a righteous fear. Fear that protects you and helps you do the things you must do for the world. I believe that luxury is important. I believe your sacrifices can make a difference. I believe in your religion whatever it is. I believe that whether you are an important business tycoon or a simple shop clerk it does not matter, you will be just as easily replaced by posterity; that, to me, is beautiful.

I hope you understand my sincerity. I am not aiming for satirical disillusionment. I mean with all my heart what I write. For you I earnestly hope for success in all these things. We can’t afford for you to fail. So go out there fight your fight, be happy, screw, laugh, and always remember your doing the world a great service. I hope tomorrow when you wake up you can actually feel your importance. I hope you do your routine, and when the days work is over you can smile knowing you helped me, you have helped all of us. 

God bless you.

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hehe I just read that again and this time I think I get it. Well done!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Without sheep, what would one rise above?

:lol:

AFK

Lemmings, if only for a brief moment. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Nice. Very nice.

I dig it.

You know that stereotypical "shrink voice" that shrinks always have when saying "And how does that make you feel?" that's supposed to be all soothing? I feel like someone just read aloud to me in that voice. My head is fuzzy. :wink:

Nicely done.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Penumbral

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on November 29, 2007, 05:28:58 PM
You know that stereotypical "shrink voice" that shrinks always have when saying "And how does that make you feel?" that's supposed to be all soothing? I feel like someone just read aloud to me in that voice. My head is fuzzy. :wink:

I kinda felt like that when I wrote it.

Quote from: Khara on November 29, 2007, 02:44:57 PM

I would say its a little more then that.

Without sheep, your so called enlightened members of society could not exist.

A machine is just that, and it needs all its components for it to work. And "you" don't really want the machine to stop working, do you. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

On the second reading I read it as the voice of the Machine/organism.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on November 30, 2007, 12:24:31 AM
On the second reading I read it as the voice of the Machine/organism.

YES.

It's like the voice of HAL 9000, trying to convince you not to screw around with his wiring.

Payne

Hey Pen, just got round to reading this.

It reminds me of the Death Gate Cycle, which if you'll forgive me, I'll give a brief synopsis of-

The world is destroyed by a group of powerful magicians sometime in the future, to save mere humans and themselves from being conquered by another set of powerful magicians.

The world is seperated into the four elements, a prison for the enemy, another world connected to the prison for rehabilitation and a seventh world where all the magic that did it is contained.

The worlds were supposed to act symbiotically, giving heat, water, light, fresh air and raw minerals to eachother trough a portal called a Death Gate.

The story is about the fact that this giant "machine" didn't work as intended, and each world was stuck to figure out solutions to problems that shouldn't have existed in the first place. They worked, but only just, causing much hardship and loss of technology, and eventually what made the regular folks human in the first place.

Thats kind of the vibe I'm getting here. The machine isn't good or bad, it just IS. We don't like the way it's being run, we don't like bits of it that it has spawned itself, we're just like the main character from those books, and SEEING thats it's all fucked up and wanting to change it.

LMNO

Somebody run the OP through the MacSpeak feature, and record it.

kthnx.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Penumbral on November 29, 2007, 11:28:00 PM
Quote from: Khara on November 29, 2007, 02:44:57 PM

I would say its a little more then that.

Without sheep, your so called enlightened members of society could not exist.

A machine is just that, and it needs all its components for it to work. And "you" don't really want the machine to stop working, do you. 

Which is what I meant. :wink:

Darth Cupcake

LMNO, I will try to remember to do that tonight. But no promises.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on November 30, 2007, 12:24:31 AMOn the second reading I read it as the voice of the Machine/organism.

indeed. and this sentence is the important one to realize:

Quote from: the MachineTo me you are as important as any cell in my body.

this is why i don't like the Machine/Organism very much. see, i don't care very much for any individual cell in my body. and neither does the Machine/Organism.

also this:
Quote from: LMNO on November 30, 2007, 01:51:29 PMSomebody run the OP through the MacSpeak feature, and record it.
is a good idea. unfortunately, i don't have a speech synth program at hand.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Payne

http://mihd.net/hmu0g1

Needs some editing, still in .wav format in 10 different pieces. Maybe someone can do a voiceover and double up the voices, which would sound creepy (depending on the tone of voice you use for the voice over, i suppose)