PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

you people make me sick

Started by East Coast Hustle, December 03, 2007, 03:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 04, 2007, 01:19:50 AM
Quote from: triple zero on December 03, 2007, 11:26:16 PM
zomg, you were totally trolling me, riling me up and conducticting social experiments on me!!

you make me sick too.

:)

yeah, I know...but I've been housebound for 2 days because of this blizzard and I'm REALLY FUCKING BORED.

apologies for my lame socio-lol-ical experiment.

well i have to admit i socio-lol-ed a bit.

:D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mourning Star

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 03, 2007, 04:51:24 PM
for dinner tonight, I'm broiling some fresh local oysters with an arugula/creme fraiche puree and a champagne sabayon.

whatchoo got?

2 everything bagels from the local bakery, buttered.
Pre-sliced pepperoni
provolone cheese

oven at 425 for 10 minutes...
DELICIOUS.

Darth Cupcake

I am 22, single, poor, and angry.

I have beer for dinner! :D

Martinis on the classy days!

The good news is, that prevents my cooking from being able to make ECH sick, as it does not exist!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Mourning Star

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on December 04, 2007, 04:06:06 PM
I am 22, single, poor, and angry.

I have beer for dinner! :D

Martinis on the classy days!

The good news is, that prevents my cooking from being able to make ECH sick, as it does not exist!

I have beer for lunch...  More EXPENSIVE beer on classy days. hehe

East Coast Hustle

beer is always an appropriate meal.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

for dinner tonight, I'm broiling some fresh local oysters with an arugula/creme fraiche puree and a champagne sabayon.

whatchoo got?

Fresh roasted whole trout, stuffed with bacon, shallots, sea salt, and thyme, with spicy carmelized garlic brussel sprouts, and a bottle of an Oregon pinot noir..

AFK

I should be enjoying some decent eats tonight.  It's the agency's annual celebration/beg-a-thon sponsored by a leading insurance company.  It's Maine so I'm sure there will be some form of dead Marine life on my plate. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm making gumbo with sausage, salmon, cod, and shrimp.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Darth Cupcake

I need to go to the grocery store so for tonight it's more... ALCOHOL!

-DC
Lives a very healthy lifestyle
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO on December 06, 2007, 04:30:44 PM

whatchoo got?

Fresh roasted whole trout, stuffed with bacon, shallots, sea salt, and thyme, with spicy carmelized garlic brussel sprouts, and a bottle of an Oregon pinot noir..

1. how does trout stand up to pinot noir? I wouldn't have thought that was a doable pairing.

2. spicy caramelized garlic brussels sprouts? recipe plz.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Sardines, basmati rice, beansprouts, peas, carrots and water chestnuts.

:hammer:

LMNO

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 06, 2007, 10:50:30 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 06, 2007, 04:30:44 PM

whatchoo got?

1. how does trout stand up to pinot noir? I wouldn't have thought that was a doable pairing.

2. spicy caramelized garlic brussels sprouts? recipe plz.

It's a light pinot, so you get more of the gentle fruit, and the dark flavor of the bacon ground it with the floral notes in the thyme.

Also:

-In the largest saute pan you can find, render a piece of thick-cut country bacon (not maple flavored, or any other flavor for that matter), chopped.

-Leave the fat in the pan, remove the bacon.  Add a 1/4 tsp of red chili flakes, and a good pinch of kosher salt.  Raise the heat to medium.

-trim and half about a pound of brussel sprouts.  Add the sprouts, cut side down, in the pan.  if you run out of room, just put the rest on the top of the ones touching the pan.

-Cover, and leave alone for about 6 minutes.

-Check the cut side for carmalization.  They should be golden brown, but a little black is ok, too.

-Toss with chopped garlic, and throw the bacon back in. Cover again and let sit, tossing occasionally, until cooked through.  Season to taste.

Triple Zero

sounds like an awesome recipe, but i thought caramelisation has to do with browning sugar?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

It's the term for whenever sugars burn.

This includes the sugars naturally found in the sprout, as well as the garlic.

East Coast Hustle