News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

you people make me sick

Started by East Coast Hustle, December 03, 2007, 03:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

BEER!

Jesus its been a long month.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

B_M_W

I do have skills.

Unfortunatly, I reside in a college dorm. Had I the money, the time, and the tools, I would make something amazing every night of the week, except those nights that I was eating left overs from the amazing meals I made the night before.

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2007, 02:05:54 PM

-In the largest saute pan you can find, render a piece of thick-cut country bacon (not maple flavored, or any other flavor for that matter), chopped.

-Leave the fat in the pan, remove the bacon.  Add a 1/4 tsp of red chili flakes, and a good pinch of kosher salt.  Raise the heat to medium.

-trim and half about a pound of brussel sprouts.  Add the sprouts, cut side down, in the pan.  if you run out of room, just put the rest on the top of the ones touching the pan.

-Cover, and leave alone for about 6 minutes.

-Check the cut side for carmalization.  They should be golden brown, but a little black is ok, too.

-Toss with chopped garlic, and throw the bacon back in. Cover again and let sit, tossing occasionally, until cooked through.  Season to taste.

I just made this, and it's good.

only thing I did different was to deglaze the pan at the end with a splash of sherry, which I would definitely recommend.

thanks dawg.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

LMNO

Bumped for the benefit of all the spaggots who think microwaving brussel sprouts are a good idea.

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 13, 2007, 01:37:13 AM
Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2007, 02:05:54 PM

-In the largest saute pan you can find, render a piece of thick-cut country bacon (not maple flavored, or any other flavor for that matter), chopped.

-Leave the fat in the pan, remove the bacon.  Add a 1/4 tsp of red chili flakes, and a good pinch of kosher salt.  Raise the heat to medium.

-trim and half about a pound of brussel sprouts.  Add the sprouts, cut side down, in the pan.  if you run out of room, just put the rest on the top of the ones touching the pan.

-Cover, and leave alone for about 6 minutes.

-Check the cut side for carmalization.  They should be golden brown, but a little black is ok, too.

-Toss with chopped garlic, and throw the bacon back in. Cover again and let sit, tossing occasionally, until cooked through.  Season to taste.

I just made this, and it's good.

only thing I did different was to deglaze the pan at the end with a splash of sherry, which I would definitely recommend.

thanks dawg.

Quote from: LMNO on December 13, 2007, 03:17:33 PM
Oooh.  Good call.

Dysfunctional Cunt

We love sprouts at our house, I have no idea how I missed this post.  Gonna try this this weekend. 

AND I'm not offended cause I am an amazing cook!   :lulz:

Triple Zero

i still like cooking sprouts in microwaves.

i also like this recipe.

but microwaves are cool. also, your recipe misses out on peanutsauce.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

So, what exactly is the problem with oil in pasta water anyway?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Don't get me wrong, I don't do it... but why is it a problem?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dr. Pataphoros, SpD

All this talk of cooking is driving me nuts.  I'm going to have to go home, clean the kitchen up just so I can make it messy again.

Think I'll make some Pad Khing.  That sounds really good.
-Padre Pataphoros, Bearer of Nine Names, Custodian of the Gate to the Forward Four, The Man Called Nobody, Philosopher of the Eleventeenth Sphere, The Noisy Ninja, Guardian of the Silver Hammer, Patron of the Perpetual Plan B, The Lord High Slacker, [The Secret Name of Power]

e

Quote from: LMNO on May 16, 2008, 02:14:53 PM
Bumped for the benefit of all the spaggots who think microwaving brussel sprouts are a good idea.

:lulz:

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Hoopla on May 16, 2008, 04:40:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't do it... but why is it a problem?

It's no problem at all, as long as you have a baggie for your teef and a teddy bear for your ghetto shrine.