News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

The Short People's Manifesto

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 07, 2007, 07:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My husband  found all my old essays and now I will be bothersome and post them here, one at a time.

The Short People's Manifesto

We are the Short, and we've had enough. This document is for the purposes of establishing our viewpoint on the following:

We recognize normal height as being less than 5'5". Therefore, a person being over the height of 5'5" is outside the range of normal, thereby deviant.

Passenger side airbags are the concerted effort of the Tall Regime to reduce our numbers by so-called "accidental" deaths in minor traffic accidents.

We will no longer tolerate the use of high counters and stovetops in newly constructed homes. These are deliberately placed at waist level for the Tall, causing people of normal height back strain and other health problems after prolonged use.

The designers and manufacturers of chairs, sofas, automobile and airplane seats, and other forms of seating MUST STOP their systematic terrorization of people of normal height through the use of excessively long seats which prevent the normal from sitting with comfort and dignity in almost all situations. This lack of dignity is engineered by the Tall Regime to keep us from promotion and positions of influence, thus furthering their diabolical dictatorship.

We strenuously object to the portrayal of actors of normal height as Tall. We are aware of the Hollywood sleight-of-lens used to promote the illusion that certain male and female actors are of greater-than-normal height, and we recognize that it is a ploy to brainwash our young into believing that all heroes are Tall, and conversely, that a person of normal height cannot be a hero. This is unacceptable. We demand that normal actors be shown at their true height, and that the Tall actors such as Jeff Goldblum be revealed as the horrible freaks they truly are.

At concerts, movies, and other public events a Tall area should be established near the back to accommodate those with special needs without allowing them to interfere with and monopolize the view which should rightfully be shared by all. They can see over our heads; however, we cannot see through their torsos.

We do not advocate discrimination against the Tall, we merely demand equality and fair treatment as the normal majority. WE ARE NOT PETITE: THEY ARE TALL.

We have a voice and we will not be silenced. It is time for the world to recognize its true majority and put an end to the tyrannical rule of those who would force the byproducts of their unnatural height upon everyone. 

Viva Revolution!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Igor

You've obviously never been out in the rain when everyone is holding umbrellas at exactly neck height.

:argh!:
Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

Darth Cupcake

I usually get stabbed in the eye by umbrellas, actually. :cry:

My secret to success in overcoming shortitude (though I'm only borderline short) is Japanese cars. Automobiles designed by an entire nation of small people, to scale with their size! Thus, they are scaled perfectly for me, whereas with American cars, I have no choice but to wear giant platforms if I want to be able to floor my clutch without my chest embedded in the steering wheel... Grrr!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on December 07, 2007, 08:51:02 PM
I usually get stabbed in the eye by umbrellas, actually. :cry:

My secret to success in overcoming shortitude (though I'm only borderline short) is Japanese cars. Automobiles designed by an entire nation of small people, to scale with their size! Thus, they are scaled perfectly for me, whereas with American cars, I have no choice but to wear giant platforms if I want to be able to floor my clutch without my chest embedded in the steering wheel... Grrr!

Whereas I have to loop my knees around my ears to drive some of the imports LOL
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Darth Cupcake

My Civic is actually pretty bad ass. My dad is almost a full foot taller than me (he's 6' 2") and he can drive it. It's a little cramped, but he can make it work. I can fit tons of people in it, too, which blows my mind. The Japanese are a crafty folk, I have to give them that!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on December 07, 2007, 09:00:40 PM
My Civic is actually pretty bad ass. My dad is almost a full foot taller than me (he's 6' 2") and he can drive it. It's a little cramped, but he can make it work. I can fit tons of people in it, too, which blows my mind. The Japanese are a crafty folk, I have to give them that!

Hondas are the exception to the rule, I think :)

I used to have a Civic that was great, I now have a Accord which is also great.

Darth Cupcake

You know what cracks me up? Smarts in Germany.

The smallest cars ever meet the largest people ever!

How does it work? It blows my mind.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Weirdly, old Volvos seem well-suited to my size, which like the Smarts also doesn't make any sense.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Penumbral

Oh Nigle, a rant like this makes me want to pat you on the top of your head.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Richter

Quote from: Nigel on December 07, 2007, 09:16:00 PM
Weirdly, old Volvos seem well-suited to my size, which like the Smarts also doesn't make any sense.

This is true.  I drive an '86 Volvo, and find it tricky getting clearance for my legs.  Arms and shoulders aren't as much of an issue, I just kind of "wear" the vehicle in same respects
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Richter on December 09, 2007, 05:50:58 AM

This is true.  I drive an '86 Volvo, and find it tricky getting clearance for my legs.  Arms and shoulders aren't as much of an issue, I just kind of "wear" the vehicle in same respects

I find this imagery midly disturbing...

I drive an '87 740, which I have painted orange.

Richter

Quote from: Nigel on December 09, 2007, 06:49:43 PM
Quote from: Richter on December 09, 2007, 05:50:58 AM

I find this imagery midly disturbing...

I drive an '87 740, which I have painted orange.

Well shit, I drive a 740 too, the wagon.  Or "Viking longcar", as often describes it's function.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mine is also a wagon! And sometimes it gets to be a truck. I managed to fit an enormous electric organ in it once. I love my car.