News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

PD.COM 2007: The Year in Review

Started by AFK, December 19, 2007, 04:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on December 19, 2007, 08:39:23 PM
my authority rating is higher than anyone elses on Technorati

Vas ist das?

I demand a recount!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Drunken Monkey Cabal

another year of people setting out to change the world, and kinda giving up after ten minutes due to the lack of recognition and instant change

another year of drama, bitchness, memes old and new

also

another year of ZOMG MOD OPPRESSION!!

Note: i havent been here half the time. if there was a significant lack of mod oppresion please to be making it your new years resolution. the board was so much more fun under the boot of zee overlord mods

This is your first warning for speaking ill of the mods.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

I have so much WOMP crap that I'd totally bury this thread if I posted it all here. So instead I started my own thread for it. PRESENTING...

2007: WOMPS IN REVIEW

hooplala

Explain the differences between MS Paint and Photoshop.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Cramulus

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 19, 2007, 08:42:24 PM
Speaking of Wango Tango juice.  It was named after the new dance craze, also surfacing in 2007, the Gay Wango Tango.  For more on this we turn to Professor Cramulus...(or anyone else who'd like to chime in)

There it was, the image that started it all. This is an excerpt from a heated exchange between a military recruiter and a gay male. An article about this was posted here at PD and most/all of us erupted into guffaws for several days. Here is some of the splash it made:

I never did figure out what's with Naked Hoff and the puppies.

B_M_W

Gay wango tango has to be one of the most hilarious phrases I have ever heard. I'm sure I couldn't stop laughing for a week after hearing about that email.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

saint aini

aini this year influenced a server change plus solved the 503 error (well, patched it at least).

Nominated "Doktor of Fetishes", aini worked hard to maintain professionalism in a fuckingly fucked up world of fuckers.

aini still is a pretentious attention whore.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on December 19, 2007, 10:46:52 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 19, 2007, 08:39:23 PM
my authority rating is higher than anyone elses on Technorati

Vas ist das?

I demand a recount!

Means I get more links to my site, because I piss off more people and thus am more right.

LMNO

This year also brought us the Adam Weishaupt Society. 

Coincidentally, this is also the year that Frank the "I Can Haz Cheezburger" cat died.

Cain

Coincidentally, I has a cheezburger for lunch.

Or was it a cat?  Pub lunches make me forget...

AFK

In 2007 we welcomed a foreign exchange asshat.  It was discovered that one Rev. Peterson Cekemp, from Brasil, went through the trouble to translate the BIP pamphlet into Portuguese.  Apparently it was a big hit amongst his fellow Brazil Nuts, and so we invited him to hang out with us for awhile.  He conducted an interview with various PD.COMers and then seemingly vanished into the ether. 

Meanwhile a couple of other mugs from the intertubes had drastically different takes on BIP.  Laz from closertogod.net and Central Scrutinizer from Concordia Movement.  Laz actually had spent some time with us at the end of 06 and then recounted his experience with BIP on his website.  The consensus was he just didn't get it and was majorly missing the point.  Meanwhile, many theories have been bandied about concerning the identity of CS.  He/she seems to be conducting a personal war against Discordians.  However, it is not certain that he isn't actually a scorned Discordian just trying to get back at us or perhaps one that is unemployed and extremely bored. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.