News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

ATTN: Colbert or Writer

Started by Penumbral, December 26, 2007, 06:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penumbral

Do not forget we are waltching your show wating for you to admit your lurking.

Quote from: Mangrove on November 08, 2007, 08:13:41 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on November 08, 2007, 08:11:37 PM
Quote from: Mangrove on November 08, 2007, 08:03:06 PM
Dear Stephen Colbert and/or Colbert Report Writer(s),

The Semi-Secret Order Of Kabbalistic Navigators knows what you're up to. Currently we are applying the 'Bible Code' cypher to your recently published book and will be announcing the results in due course.

However, that will only serve to add further, incontrovertible evidence to what we already know.

Sleep tight,

Pope T W Mangrove xvii - Imperator of SSOOKN.

[Mang' - testing the 'syncronicity' of Colbert/PD.com theory]

Sadly we won't know the results since they're all on strike, probably until spring at least ;-)

that's ok. gives me time to invent some spurious nonsense i 'deciphered' from his book. anyways, keep watching colbert report for mentions of fake internet kabbalistic occult orders.

If you want to admit using our forum just mention either a hidden code in your book, a kabbalistic occult, or how great you are.

thank you.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

guest7654

Jenne

We now have it on CD and were listening to it in the car while we went to our various famlial/obligatory visits for the holidays.  He alludes so MUCH to the fact this is a "book on CD" that I think we'll have to get the book version too, just to see where it differs.  I ALMOST bought it for my husband, and then was glad I didn't because his brother gave him the CD version, but now I'm thinking I should have after all.

It's fucking hilarious as hell.

tyrannosaurus vex

oh great. thanks to us, Stephen Colbert is now lurking at /b/.

Quote from: vexati0n on January 10, 2008, 05:41:38 AM
oh great. thanks to us, Stephen Colbert is now lurking at /b/.

He's referenced /b/ memes before on his show, Colbert knows the dark underbelly of the intarnets

Cain

Um, just so you know guys, one of Colbert's newer features, National Treasure, a Portrait of Stephen Colbert, has a giant golden pyramid with an eye in the Apex at the top.

I think that counts as confirmation, don't you?

Edit: not to mention the guy who was talking about having sex with robots.

Chairman Risus

Not good enough.

Attn Colbert/Writer: Use the names of atleast, but not limited to, three of the top posters of this board, or we will cease to believe you even exist.

You have our demands...

Jasper

He seems like a pretty jive cat.

Diseris

Bleh to your book, maybe it was just too much, or perhaps it should be read in 1/2 hour chunks, but it paled in comparison to the show.

Why the outright capitulation to Islam? (the religion so nice he plugged it twice)  Chickenshit?
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Jasper

Probably a joke hidden in there somewhere, Diseris.

Diseris

I wish.  I was seriously unimpressed with the book. 

In the part on religion he panned everything but Islam.  Sorry, I'm only up for equal opportunity slams, cozying up to one side or another is just cowardice.  So the freaking muslims don't like people to make fun of their sacred chaos, gotta fuck em along with all the others or it looks like an honest endorsement.  Maybe I just missed the joke, but I'm happy I paid a discounted price for the book.
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

tyrannosaurus vex

on the topic of Islam, he was being facetious -- bending over backwards to be nice to Islam is his literary way of saying "it's ridiculous that I should have to be so nice to you people." he wasn't actually endorsing the religion. he was making fun of the fact that they tend to blow people up for criticizing Islam.

Diseris

So he ducked and ran. 

I am the Prophet Muhammed, I KILL YOU!
          /
:hashishim:

I mean seriously, how fucked up is it that he makes fun of the rule by following it?

No interview with Muhammed, no jokes about bowing east 5 times.

Maybe its a mutual respect (fear) thing...He doesn't make fun of them so they don't make fun of him and break his feelings.  Its such a weak stand from someone who has thrown some pretty big rocks in the past to be afeared of the big bad wolf that chases Salman Rushdie (mightier than superman) around.

IMHO he caved, and instead of including the Islamisists among the other humans he has said something about his belief on the nature of Islam, which, oddly enough, seems to be a lot stronger than his belief in any of the other invisible friend clubs.