News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

ATTN: Colbert or Writer

Started by Penumbral, December 26, 2007, 06:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLastLump

Quote from: vexati0n on January 10, 2008, 05:41:38 AM
oh great. thanks to us, Stephen Colbert is now lurking at /b/.

Which board would that be?
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know if you've noticed this, by Islamic extremists have a tendency to declare a fatwa on people who make fun of them in print. Making fun of them by being EXTRA respectful with tongue firmly in cheek is about the only way he could have poked at them without someone trying to kill him. Literally kill him, not, you know, hurt his feelings.

Remember that Salman Rushdie had to go into hiding. Permanently.

Fundamentalist Muslims tend to be some super un-funny guys.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The same can be said of Fundamentalist anyone.

Also, Salman Rushdie, the attention whoring git he is, freely wanders the streets of New York.  No-one has bothered to try and collect on killing him, its just some bizzare form of game he and the Iranian government play with the media without getting anywhere.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hmf. Well, I don't think I'd try to test that, personally.

Jewish and Christian fundies really don't go around declaring fatwas on people, as far as I know.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

No, they just up and kill them, normally.

Diseris

Makes me want to get a tatoo of jesus on one ass cheeck with profits muhamed on my other ass cheek with their mouths overlapping my anus. 

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 18, 2008, 10:25:51 PM
No, they just up and kill them, normally.

I think they're more into random non-Church-authorized beatings.

nostalgicBadger

I have far more respect for the Buddhists, who have a proverb, "if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." 
meh.

Cain

Tha Dalai Lama approves of Indian nuclear weapon tests.

barumunk

Quote from: Cain on February 19, 2008, 11:08:02 AM
Tha Dalai Lama approves of Indian nuclear weapon tests.

isnt that just cus they giving him political refuge?
I'd also rather say yes to nuclear testing than Die! :D

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Cain

Or it could be because he's a jerk who rules over a theocracy.

He recieved money from the cult/terrorist group the Aum Supreme Truth Movement ($1.2 million), and met with their high level officials several times.

There are persistent rumous that money has been exchanged for granting the status of "tulku" on Hollywood superstars like Steven Segal.

The Dalai Lama's followers have threatened violence, ostracism and even death upon worshippers of Dorge Shugden deity, whose worship the Dalai Lama has forbidden.  He claims to know nothing about such actions, in essence turning a blind eye to what is going on.

While he claims to be not against homosexuality, he is against anal and oral sex, calling it and masturbation "sexual misconduct".

He's another charlatan, like all the other major religious leaders out there.  The only difference is his PR is better and the media seems content with giving him a free pass.

LMNO

Diseris, dude: It's satire.

Also, try reading it in his "The Word" voice.  The book doesn't read well just as a book.  You sort of have to visualize how he would say it.

nostalgicBadger

In case there was a misunderstanding somewhere, I never claimed that Buddhism is the True religion or that its leaders are always models of the perfect individual. I was simply suggesting that perhaps the longevity of their religion might be due in part to their not taking too seriously the idols, historical figures and other physical manifestations.

I do like Buddhism as a philosophy, though, and I think you would have to admit that Buddhism, Taoism and Discordianism all definitely share some common ground.
meh.

Cain

You seem to be conflating Rinzai Zen with Buddhism.  That's like lumping in Sufi dervishes with Al-Qaeda.

LMNO

They all have smudgy skin, what's the difference?