News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Congratulations Christianity...

Started by AFK, December 26, 2007, 05:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

I am now fully convinced that you have, indeed, conquered the Earth, and that it runs to your will.  Whether or not people are actually Christians, they cannot escape your terrible wrath. 

What really crystallized this for me this year was the annual suck-fest that is the Holidaze.  Oh, that's right Christmas.  Dear lord forgive me.  Because if we call it Holidays instead of Christmas we're actually going to be able to forget about this excercise in excrement. 

It was once a Pagan holiday of eating, boozing, dancing around a sparkly tree, and actually being Merry.  Then, by Joe, you decided that you need to arrest everyone's fun.  Especially if it is more popular than your real Christ Birthday.  I mean really, who the hell wants to celebrate that shit in March which everyone knows is the worst month of the year.  So, you sink your fat claws into uh, whatever the Pagans called the thing, slapped your label on it, complete with Baby Jesus' shining logo, and called it your own.

Well, if that wasn't bad enough, it's become the run-away commercial gang bang of the year.  Holy shit, now, not only is it the Apex of Religious Celebration, but it's the Culmination of Credit Crunch.  By golly, now we've gotta go out and get all of the shiny plastic bling bling shit, because if we don't, Holy Hell will break lose.  The relatives, who didn't want to come to visit us in the first damned place, will get royally pissed.  But of course they'll do it in that passive aggressive, guilt-trip sort of way.  Which, by the way, is an ancient tradition passed down by Christians. 

By Jesus, everyone gets stressed out to the max.  You've gotta get the gear, get the grub, trim the tree, light the house, and all of this in fucking Winter.  WINTER!!!! Goddamnit, I'm already throwing out my back shoveling the fucking driveway, now I've got to carry on all of this other traditional crap while its cold and slipper outside.  Damn you, I only with Christmas was in fucking JULY!!!!  (By the way, I really, really HATE Mel Torme!!!)

And so we've got all of this crap going on.  And now you want to start whining because I don't want to buy the Merry Christmas cards?  NEWS FLASH:  THE MERRY WAS KILLED CENTURIES AGO!!!!!  There is no fucking merry.  Sure, there is still the Mass of Christ to consider, which would be all well in good, if it were March!  Damned, we should be genuflecting in the Lord's name on St. Patrick's Day.  Call it St. Patrick and the Jumping Jesus Day!  You could sell some damned buttons:  "Kiss Me, I'm Full of Christ!"  or "Start Drinking and You'll Be As Holy As Me!"

No, no, you've made a fine mess with this "celebration", don't start getting picky and whiny about what we're going to, or not going to call it.  Because I can guarantee you, even those greeting you with "Merry Christmas" are following it with a mumbled. "Please Kill me so it will be over!"  And how the hell Christian is that?  Huh, Skippy?

So Merry Fucking Christmas Slappy!  And have a Crappy Next Year! 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nast

The holidays are made of suck and fail.

Especially the mindset of it all. You may blame Christianity for this, but I believe that it's the populace's own fault for buying into it all. After all, you have the choice to care or not to care, and people are the vehicle for all the bullshit.
The Institution may be pervaiding itself and its beliefs, but it all boils down to people's choice and responsibility for their own actions. Many people don't wish to believe that it's their own fault for getting trapped in the holiday mindset.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

AFK

I blame them for getting the ball rolling at the very least.  I mean, hello, there would be no Christ-mas without Christ-ianity.  Christ-ianity, for such a supposed force in American Politics, has laid right down and let the blue-laws be repealed thereby allowing retail businesses to operate on the "day of rest" that used to be Sunday.  They have been a significant force in making it the Super Bowl of holiday celebrations.  Of course, they want it to be the biggest Holiday of them all.  Why would they stand up and challenge the Retail-ification of it.  Just so long as we still call it Christmas, and the Holidays.

Where is their concern for the families putting themselves into debt in order to have the Hallmark Perfect Christmas?  Those who should be saving that extra $400 for when the furnace breaks, or when Daddy gets laid off from the Lumber Mill?  Yeah, people are sheep!  Which is why my beef is with the Sheep Herders. 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 26, 2007, 06:59:48 PM
I blame them for getting the ball rolling at the very least.  I mean, hello, there would be no Christ-mas without Christ-ianity.  Christ-ianity, for such a supposed force in American Politics, has laid right down and let the blue-laws be repealed thereby allowing retail businesses to operate on the "day of rest" that used to be Sunday.  They have been a significant force in making it the Super Bowl of holiday celebrations.  Of course, they want it to be the biggest Holiday of them all.  Why would they stand up and challenge the Retail-ification of it.  Just so long as we still call it Christmas, and the Holidays.

Where is their concern for the families putting themselves into debt in order to have the Hallmark Perfect Christmas?  Those who should be saving that extra $400 for when the furnace breaks, or when Daddy gets laid off from the Lumber Mill?  Yeah, people are sheep!  Which is why my beef is with the Sheep Herders. 

But is Christianity really the sheepherders? Or is the Pope as much of a sheep as the rest of them? Are the preachers, pastors and clergypeople doing the wool pulling, or are they as blind as their parishioners, befuddled by the same map and its confusing models? Some part of me would like to believe the former... but a voice in the back of my head wonders if thats not just my desire to find someone that can be blamed for  this foolishness.

And in the end... is the leader at fault, or the idiot that allowed themselves to be led? ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Well obviously both parts of that equation are guilty.  However, assuming one could actually encourage any kind of change, wouldn't it make more sense to start with those who are preaching to the choirs?  Because, you know human procreativity being what it is, you get through to the masses, and then damnit, there's another whole crop of them you've gotta talk to. 

I see it as a chicken and egg thing. 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 26, 2007, 07:10:43 PM
Well obviously both parts of that equation are guilty.  However, assuming one could actually encourage any kind of change, wouldn't it make more sense to start with those who are preaching to the choirs?  Because, you know human procreativity being what it is, you get through to the masses, and then damnit, there's another whole crop of them you've gotta talk to. 

I see it as a chicken and egg thing. 

It may be best to simply BBQ now and ask questions later.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

AFK

I thought once I got out of Retail I would enjoy the Holidays.  They still suck ass!

Nast

Perhaps you can find a way to have them not suck ass?

(Get piss-ass drunk)

(Or whatever you find most useful for relieving seasonal stress)
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 26, 2007, 06:59:48 PM

I hold with the original idea coming from those idiots at niccaea.  However, you had a straight shoot when you mentioned Hallmark.  They have so over commercialized every christian holiday and made up a few I think.  I say we should all ban Hallmark, they are the master herders!

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

this is all true, but complaining about it isn't going to change anything. besides, if it weren't the Christians selling themselves out for power, it would be some other group of jackasses. and it often is.

People are sheep, but in the absence of a shepherd, they become lemmings.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

meh, whatever.  I was just venting.  I of course don't expect anything from it. 

tyrannosaurus vex

I wasn't really being an asshole to you either. I was meta-complaining, which is even less worthwhile. Enjoyed the rant
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

Curse you!  I demand more Piss and Vinegar!
    /
  :argh!: