News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

ATTN: FSM SCUMBAGS

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, December 26, 2007, 11:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I would suggest that Rat's question hinges on whether the Korps will be a public, or secert entity.  Involving the Myspace Pinealists will basically ensure that no secret will be kept.

However, it could make for interesting cell activity, if we have the cannon fodder attacking from one direction, and the Special Psyops coming in from another.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 24, 2007, 04:10:42 PM
I'm afraid we're just a little too busy with BIP, pranking an election cycle, and just plain old getting in some yuks to give a shit about...

Quote from: vexati0n on December 27, 2007, 08:17:49 PM
FTR, stopping a single backwoods schoolboard from putting Intelligent Design into its district's curriculum, is roughly equivalent to spamming/trolling about ten thousand internet forums to death.

The pastafarians might be a bunch of douchebags, but in my opinion, holding back an entire county full of rednecks from diluting their education system with religious nonsense is worth a few yuks nevertheless.

And, we may be living in the Future(tm) and everything, but IRL still counts for more than the Interwebs.

Cain, I highly appreciate where you're going with this. That being said, Vex suggested we set our sights higher. As long as we're on the "come up with the mission statement" level, I'd like to ponder the above quotes.

We've been on some hilarious and awesome troll ventures across pagankind, but TCC has left me feeling kind of sour about it. Yeah we really diluted that place, but what's the end-game look like? Great, we reduced some pagans to bickering and in-fighting. It affected less than a hundred people.

The parts of all this talk which resonate well with me are the ones which have the largest public impact. Like jaking celebrities, pranking the election poopla, and interfering with influential grayface targets. These are all things, BTW, which the Adam Weishaupt Society is geared to help with.

Cramulus

also:  :barstool::

I don't think any large-scale efforts to recruit / train other Discordians will be successful unless the STFUPID Cabal decreases its overall level of venom for the FNORD23PINEAL crowd.

To me, that seems like a big bar in our Black Iron Prison.

ETA:

I know I'm stating the obvious, but it's nigh-impossible to decrease said venom without some dictatorship of social pressures telling people how to respond to each other. And that's lame too.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on December 28, 2007, 03:49:07 PM
I would suggest that Rat's question hinges on whether the Korps will be a public, or secert entity.  Involving the Myspace Pinealists will basically ensure that no secret will be kept.

However, it could make for interesting cell activity, if we have the cannon fodder attacking from one direction, and the Special Psyops coming in from another.

Well, my thought is this. Every military, insurgent, rebel, *insert other cool terms here* group has layers. There's a layer of leaders... or layers of leaders in the case of 4GW. There are Special Ops folks that are 100% dedicated and deadly, there's foot soldiers and infantry, there's some sort of psyops, some type of media management (either to spread the insurgent side of the story, or to monitor for any useful information that could be used).

If we consider 'secret societies' throughout the ages, we see a similar pattern. The 'secrets' aren't kept by all members, some secrets are kept by everyone, but there are layers of secrets etc. MySpace Discordians might be 3rd degree Apple Korps until we saw them in action and let the most useful ones in on a bigger secret.

In short, maybe we advertise differently to different groups, providing more information to people we trust, less info to people that we are examining for seaworthiness (aka do they leak).

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on December 28, 2007, 04:33:12 PM
I don't think any large-scale efforts to recruit / train other Discordians will be successful unless the STFUPID Cabal decreases its overall level of venom for the FNORD23PINEAL crowd.

Of course, that would mean that the STFUPID Cabal would WANT to do such a thing. Sure we loudmouths are waxing poetic here, but we're not the only people on the board.

Hrmmm.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 28, 2007, 04:44:20 PM

If we consider 'secret societies' throughout the ages, we see a similar pattern. The 'secrets' aren't kept by all members, some secrets are kept by everyone, but there are layers of secrets etc. MySpace Discordians might be 3rd degree Apple Korps until we saw them in action and let the most useful ones in on a bigger secret.

Ther problem is, I hate those fucking societies.  I have found through personal experience that it turns people into Elitist Scumbags.

LMNO
- Ex-Elitist Scumbag.

tyrannosaurus vex

Cyberwarfare is the next wave, even in State Government circles. It's important to maintain a strong online presence. That said, limiting ourselves to operations that result only in online disintegration or chaos is a mistake. The idea, IMHO, should be that our online operations are intended to produce IRL results.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

tyrannosaurus vex

addendum: i think it's best to at least use the inner circle/outer minions strategy, except with a more permeable division between the two than is usually in place.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on December 28, 2007, 04:49:04 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 28, 2007, 04:44:20 PM

Ther problem is, I hate those fucking societies.  I have found through personal experience that it turns people into Elitist Scumbags.

LMNO
- Ex-Elitist Scumbag.

Heh, troof.

I was using those as more of an example than a model...

Basically, I'm saying we should be judicious about who we show are cards to... and how much of our hand we choose to show.

1. Recruiting for a "Troll Army" in Public would be an obvious Giant Red Flag. Instead, maybe the public announcement is something less direct...

ATTN: Any Discordians up for a bit of mischief, who are able to work well with others and keep their yaps shut when necessary are invited to swing by the PD.com Recruitment Center for a Chance at all sorts of Special Projects.

We set up a recruitment center, ask people to provide us with some info on their Discordian Street Cred or on how willing/able they would be to dedicate time to various 'causes' etc. From there we cull out the obvious loudmouths (probably want to keep an eye on their blogs etc to see if they talk about this stuff).

Those that look able to keep their mouth shut get the full training. Those with slightly less inhibitions about talking are given less training... mostly to act as foot soldiers:

aka: Print out 20 copies of the following and place in local Laundromats (PICS or GTFO).

(Whereas the other group may be far more involved with producing the entire project in the first place).

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Further Thoughts:

Misdirection, flanking, etc.

Large numbers of OBVIOUS DISCORDIANS, spouting 23 PINEAL FNORD would make a very loud, very distracting force.

Perhaps if less distracting, covert folks were well embedded in a forum, no one would suspect their connection to the frontal assault?

LMNO

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 28, 2007, 05:06:03 PM
Further Thoughts:

Large numbers of OBVIOUS DISCORDIANS, spouting 23 PINEAL FNORD would make a very loud, very distracting force.

Perhaps if less distracting, covert folks were well embedded in a forum, no one would suspect their connection to the frontal assault?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on December 28, 2007, 05:08:19 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 28, 2007, 05:06:03 PM
Further Thoughts:

Oh Ah, yeah.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Cain

We already have HIMEOBS as an elite section.

As for offline...well, I can hardly help you guys with anything that way, can I? 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on December 28, 2007, 07:46:57 PM
We already have HIMEOBS as an elite section.

As for offline...well, I can hardly help you guys with anything that way, can I? 

OK then, HIMEOBS plans the engagements, the troops are informed of the date and time days in advance but get location information at a specified time, right before the attack. That might minimize any risk of leaks. Of course, HIMEOBS is easily tracable to these parts due to regular use of the term in posts...

tyrannosaurus vex