News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

I used to be happy...

Started by FedbeeeF, December 27, 2007, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

What if I don't want to be happy?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

LHX

these days - i find i have been eating up the dada bullshit

it is a lot more savory than the non-dada bullshit

tho it is still bullshit
neat hell

Cainad (dec.)

Why should you give a flying fuck what this board eats up? Does the fact that Discordianism has actually evolved a bit in the 40+ years since it was crapped out of some hippies' brains make you want to cry and castrate yourself in mourning? Good riddance; we don't need your crybaby genes in OUR pool, thank you very much.

Our word is not God's, not any more than the Bible or the Principia Discordia is. Think for yourself, for all our sakes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jesus, everyone just go put some lard on someone's doorstep.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2008, 01:31:27 AM
Jesus, everyone just go put some lard on someone's doorstep.

:lulz: I feel happier already! Thanks, Nigel!

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Cainad on January 06, 2008, 08:18:13 PM
Why should you give a flying fuck what this board eats up? Does the fact that Discordianism has actually evolved a bit in the 40+ years since it was crapped out of some hippies' brains make you want to cry and castrate yourself in mourning? Good riddance; we don't need your crybaby genes in OUR pool, thank you very much.

Our word is not God's, not any more than the Bible or the Principia Discordia is. Think for yourself, for all our sakes.

Let's hug.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on January 06, 2008, 08:18:13 PM

Our word is not God's,

Speak for yourself.

TGRR,
Mexica Rain God™.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

barumunk

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: barumunk on January 10, 2008, 09:30:26 AM
I thought it was good  :|

Well, YUO WERE WRONG!

Wait, what did you think was good?

Bharlion

Kunst ist tot. Dada übermäßig alle.

Translation: (Art is dead. Dada super all.)

-Graffiti.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Jasper

Subtract Eight!

Yeah don't any of that stuff because it is terrible terrible terrible and horrible and more terrible too and and also more terribly horrible and such.
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Jasper

So, tentatively speaking, it's bad?

nostalgicBadger

I don't really know how many universal statements can be applied to "we" on a discordian forum. I would assume that everybody having different beliefs about pretty much everything, discordianism itself included, is understood. Nevertheless, I've picked up on a little trick that I use when I am feeling down about things, a tactic which, as a matter of fact, I used just this evening when I woke up at ten o'clock, after a four hour nap, feeling groggy and a little pissed off about the two papers I have due tomorrow and a Monday deadline on a program which I really don't feel like writing:

First, I take a walk into the woods and find a nice, sturdy log. Then I wrote a little note that might look something like:

You have been logged.
Have a nice day.  :)

and attach it to the log, which I then place on the neighbor's door step, knock, and leave.
Somehow, this always makes me feel better.
meh.