News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

I used to be happy...

Started by FedbeeeF, December 27, 2007, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairman Risus

nostalgicBadger

yeah, well, same idea really. Some people use lard, some people use logs.. I guess.
meh.

Jasper

And some people use punji pits.

Cramulus

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 08, 2008, 06:27:21 AM
I don't really know how many universal statements can be applied to "we" on a discordian forum. I would assume that everybody having different beliefs about pretty much everything, discordianism itself included, is understood. Nevertheless, I've picked up on a little trick that I use when I am feeling down about things, a tactic which, as a matter of fact, I used just this evening when I woke up at ten o'clock, after a four hour nap, feeling groggy and a little pissed off about the two papers I have due tomorrow and a Monday deadline on a program which I really don't feel like writing:

First, I take a walk into the woods and find a nice, sturdy log. Then I wrote a little note that might look something like:

You have been logged.
Have a nice day.  :)

and attach it to the log, which I then place on the neighbor's door step, knock, and leave.
Somehow, this always makes me feel better.

:lulz:

best ninth post of 2008

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hello, Nostalgic Badger!

Once upon a time I was a member of a Badger Lodge, and I am slightly nostalgic for those days.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

nostalgicBadger

meh.

AFK

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 08, 2008, 06:27:21 AM
I don't really know how many universal statements can be applied to "we" on a discordian forum. I would assume that everybody having different beliefs about pretty much everything, discordianism itself included, is understood. Nevertheless, I've picked up on a little trick that I use when I am feeling down about things, a tactic which, as a matter of fact, I used just this evening when I woke up at ten o'clock, after a four hour nap, feeling groggy and a little pissed off about the two papers I have due tomorrow and a Monday deadline on a program which I really don't feel like writing:

First, I take a walk into the woods and find a nice, sturdy log. Then I wrote a little note that might look something like:

You have been logged.
Have a nice day.  :)

and attach it to the log, which I then place on the neighbor's door step, knock, and leave.
Somehow, this always makes me feel better.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Idiot

Quote from: Cainad on January 06, 2008, 08:18:13 PM
Discordianism has actually evolved a bit in the 40+ years since it was crapped out of some hippies' brains

i dont think it really has

LMNO

Quote from: smokngoat on February 26, 2008, 01:12:40 PM
Quote from: Cainad on January 06, 2008, 08:18:13 PM
Discordianism has actually evolved a bit in the 40+ years since it was crapped out of some hippies' brains

i dont think it really has

Please expound upon this point.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know if Discordianism has evolved, but I would argue that Discordians have.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on February 26, 2008, 06:21:21 PM
I don't know if Discordianism has evolved, but I would argue that some Discordians have.

E-Fixed.

hooplala

Yeah, I'm the exact same as I was 40 years ago, dammit.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bruno

Quote from: FedbeeeF on December 27, 2007, 09:04:20 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 27, 2007, 08:58:20 PM
Quote from: FedbeeeF on December 27, 2007, 08:51:49 PM
Until I read this:

QuoteNews: Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

:emo:

Did reading that make you unhappy? Why does it make you feel that way?
You tell ME..... and I'll give you the nod

Are you sure you were happy before?

Maybe you just don't see the point in anything, so you try to find it in pointlessness. You've temporarily remembered that life is pointless. Don't worry, you'll probably forget it again.  Just try not to fnord think about it.
Formerly something else...

nostalgicBadger

It seems to me that there is some confusion with people trying to define Discordianism as a belief system when, in my mind, it serves more accurately as a name for a certain type of thought pattern. The common factor among all Discordians, regardless of whether you eat up dada bullshit or practice chaos magic or what have you, is that we all believe what we choose to believe because we choose to believe it, not because it's "good" or "right" to society or to anybody else. Ergo, two Discordians may have entirely different belief systems, but both will have chosen those systems on their own, by their own reasoning, and are likely to give them up in favor of new ones the moment maintaining the old ones becomes impractical.

Discordianism, I think, is not like other religions - you do not convert to Discordianism, but you are born a Discordian. Those crazy bastards who wrote the Principia Discordia weren't creating anything, they merely gave it a name.
meh.

Cramulus

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 28, 2008, 02:00:41 PM
It seems to me that there is some confusion with people trying to define Discordianism as a belief system when, in my mind, it serves more accurately as a name for a certain type of thought pattern. The common factor among all Discordians, regardless of whether you eat up dada bullshit or practice chaos magic or what have you, is that we all believe what we choose to believe because we choose to believe it, not because it's "good" or "right" to society or to anybody else. Ergo, two Discordians may have entirely different belief systems, but both will have chosen those systems on their own, by their own reasoning, and are likely to give them up in favor of new ones the moment maintaining the old ones becomes impractical.

Discordianism, I think, is not like other religions - you do not convert to Discordianism, but you are born a Discordian. Those crazy bastards who wrote the Principia Discordia weren't creating anything, they merely gave it a name.

good points, all around good badgering.