News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Idea: We don't need a Revolution anymore.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 02, 2008, 03:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

This is decent advice except when you introduce the added complication of having a family to support.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Golden Applesauce

So are you suggesting that people just start playing a new game, but try to rewrite the rules to avoid the current popular game's failings?

I think it'd be better to just play solitaire.  As in, prank the IRS buy giving them US Dollars instead of money.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

tyrannosaurus vex

yeah. solitaire. that's basically what i meant. the game itself isn't the game, the game is the fact that you're playing a different game.

barumunk

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on March 07, 2008, 02:23:51 AM
So are you suggesting that people just start playing a new game, but try to rewrite the rules to avoid the current popular game's failings?

I think it'd be better to just play solitaire.  As in, prank the IRS buy giving them US Dollars instead of money.

:lol:

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SillyCybin on March 06, 2008, 04:18:49 PM
There is straightforward solution here - crime.

That's right, crime. Be a fucking criminal.

What do we know about crime? That's right - it's bad.

How do we know? Cos everybody says so. Everybody, who we already know have been brainwashed by ... thats right .. teh bad people.

So a bunch of crooks and liars have convinced us that "crime don't pay"

Trust me on this - I've tried both ways - crime is the only way to make an honest buck.

For a kick off you get taxted to death if you try to do it the legal way.

"oh but if you break the law you might get caught and go to jail" I hear you say

congratulations - you're already in their prison and with that attitude there is absolutely NO WAY OUT!

I'm not saying be a murderer here but do not pay taxes, do not pay for goods and services, steal from the corporations to line your own pockets. Pretty soon you'll be feeling the benefit. Or you may get busted and lobbed in jail. If you don't take the chance you'll never get out the one you're in.

That's your choice right there.

I'm all for not paying taxes, which you can avoid partially through bartering for as much as you can.

As for stealing... no. Although I don't feel pangs of conscience over stealing from giant corporations, it's still a soul-killing route because it feeds the inner sense of entitlement to the fruits of other people's labor. The thing is, you can make CHOICES about who you buy your goods and services from, and in many cases you can buy from sole proprietorships and individual craftspeople, supporting the people who are functioning in a way you find conscienable without sacrificing your own integrity.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

yeah, but the local vegan co-op doesn't promise Low Everyday Prices.

plus if we all stopped buying stuff from corporations, doesn't that mean we're being dicks to the Chinese working class?

Kurt Christ

Quote from: SillyCybin on March 06, 2008, 04:18:49 PM
crime is the only way to make an honest buck.
If this hasn't already been added to the one-sentence meme-bomd thread, it should be. That's great.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: vexati0n on March 08, 2008, 04:16:01 AM
yeah, but the local vegan co-op doesn't promise Low Everyday Prices.

plus if we all stopped buying stuff from corporations, doesn't that mean we're being dicks to the Chinese working class?
:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."