News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Absinthe Recipes?

Started by Thalass, January 03, 2008, 05:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

i guess, i think it would work better than most other replacements for vermouth in martinis.

OTOH, i dont think i ever had a proper martini, so i can't really judge.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: triple zero on January 04, 2008, 09:25:21 PM
now i had absinthe a few times, and i thought the flavour was a lot more like vermouth than anise flavoured drinks such as sambucca and ouzo?

It doesn't in my opinion... but different distillers have different recipes, so it might. The guy I get mine from uses a lot of anise, and it works very well with the other herbs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bharlion

Just mix it with some of eric claptons finist.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Apikoros II

Just to add my 2cents, we drink it with the sugar cube and ice water method. When I was in Amsterdam, they served it in shots.... Api is not a big drinker so it hit me hard. Since I was in Amsterdam, I'll give you one guess as to what my inebriator of choice is....
I also believe that everything is false, even that statement and the one above it. Also, when you look into the abyss the abyss looks into you. Heck, the abyss sometimes winks and once it gave me the finger.

Apikoros II

I also believe that everything is false, even that statement and the one above it. Also, when you look into the abyss the abyss looks into you. Heck, the abyss sometimes winks and once it gave me the finger.

Suu

Did they set the shots on fire? I know that tends to be a common modern practice in Europe.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Apikoros II on January 21, 2008, 02:16:36 PM
I also point you here, eh? http://www.drinknation.com/ingredient/Absinthe

Thank you!
The link to the old vs. new versions of the "absinthe ritual" off of this mention a  point I nearly scream at people.
Old: water over sugar routine
New: Light sugar on fire and pretend you're J. Depp.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Quote from: Apikoros II on January 21, 2008, 02:14:59 PMSince I was in Amsterdam, I'll give you one guess as to what my inebriator of choice is....

getting hit by a windmill to the head?

canal water?

dike huffing?

wait--you are aware of the health risks of snorting tulips, right?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Suu

Quote from: triple zero on January 21, 2008, 06:13:47 PM
Quote from: Apikoros II on January 21, 2008, 02:14:59 PMSince I was in Amsterdam, I'll give you one guess as to what my inebriator of choice is....

getting hit by a windmill to the head?

canal water?

dike huffing?

wait--you are aware of the health risks of snorting tulips, right?

Triple Zero lives a wild life in the Netherlands.

Btw, are the tulips really that bright or is Holland itself one big Photoshop?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

if you ever have the chance to come and take a close look at them, you could tell by the ragged cut edges that they are, in fact, done with MS Paint.

Bruno

I have about a gallon and a half of homemade absinthe that needs to be redistilled to be drinkable. Too much wormwood in the final soak.

The catnip absinthe is drinkable as is.
Formerly something else...

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on February 22, 2008, 05:07:29 PM
I have about a gallon and a half of homemade absinthe that needs to be redistilled to be drinkable. Too much wormwood in the final soak.

The catnip absinthe is drinkable as is.

don't go blind!

:gheyforum:

Bruno

Taht's just an urban legend.

LMNO

So's the idea that you can get high off the thujone.
  \

Bruno

Yes it is.

Also, you don't see little green fairies, pink elephants maybe, but no fairies. The elephants could be green though.

I do think thujone contributes something to the buzz, but no more than asarone or fenchone from calamus and fennel, respectively.