News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Absinthe Recipes?

Started by Thalass, January 03, 2008, 05:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Quote from: Richter on March 16, 2010, 08:12:03 PM
Legal as long as it meets FDA requirements. 

Some traditional recipes, and most brain burning shit served to tourists, fails to pass inspection on this point.

Ah, well that's the stuff I want.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Triple Zero

Quote from: dimo on March 16, 2010, 08:08:24 PM
It's legal again? Hrm. I'm just curious about this wormwood stuff, TBH.

If you're curious about its psychedelic effect, the concentration is too low. You'd need to drink yourself to alcohol poisoning first, to get a reasonable dose.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 17, 2010, 11:29:27 AM
Quote from: dimo on March 16, 2010, 08:08:24 PM
It's legal again? Hrm. I'm just curious about this wormwood stuff, TBH.

If you're curious about its psychedelic effect, the concentration is too low. You'd need to drink yourself to alcohol poisoning first, to get a reasonable dose.

This.

Much like the libertarian and madgykhe threads, this comes around every few months.

The myth of thujone was created partially because of the correlation/causation fallacy.

In "ye olde" days, absinthe had a bad reputation for two reasons:  Many prominent chronic alcoholics were absinthe drinkers, and much of the absinthe production was notoriously under-regulated and often poisonous.

Thus, the main symptoms of "thujone/absinthe consumption" were identical to both severe alcoholism, as well as both methyl and ethyl alcohol poisoning.

When you do a chemical breakdown of alcohol to active thujone, Trip is exactly right.

Absinthe: Tastes like Uzo and bad Gin.  That's about it.

Triple Zero

more like Ouzo and bad Vermouth IMO, but yeah that's about it. and it's green. and it's 70% ABV.

it's useful for trying out firebreathing, somewhat, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the last yatto

Quote from: Richter on March 16, 2010, 08:12:03 PM
Legal as long as it meets FDA requirements.  

Some traditional recipes, and most brain burning shit served to tourists, fails to pass inspection on this point.

French imports OK (Brands: Lucid)
Czech Republic NOT OK :)

found it...
QuoteUnited States and the European Union regulate thujone levels of commercially produced absinthe.

United States - 10 ppm or less.
European Union (EU) - 10mg/l or less.
Germany - 30mg/l or less for specific products
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on March 16, 2010, 04:11:09 PM
Quote from: Suu on March 16, 2010, 02:39:33 PM
Quote from: Pēleus on March 16, 2010, 10:21:28 AM
Good n Plenty
part: lucid kahlua vodka and cream
shaken not stirred

This sounds disgusting.

ever have those good n plenty candies?
they are disgusting.

yes it tastes just like the candies, so if thats not your thing...
personally the cream and the vodka mix just right that you dont really taste booze,
just black lickerish flavored cream
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

NWC

Didn't read the whole thread, so maybe it's been said, but putting some coffee is DELICIOUS. But then again I love the taste of absinthe to begin with. But having a cup of good, warm coffee in the late afternoon with a touch of absinthe is one of my greatest pleasure in life.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Richter

I used to do that at cons form time to time  :lulz:  You're right, it makes a great anisette coffee that's jsut a TOUCH bitter.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat