News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I really enjoy your observations on this race, Cain.

esp. this:
Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2008, 04:28:18 AM
It looks like the media already have the playbook, at least for the Dems.  Remember Iowa?  They managed to turn that into an Obama/Hillary issue even though Edwards came second.  The press have also been urging Huckabee to get into some vicious fights with Romney and smear his campaign, smearing Huckabee when he didn't play by the rules set down, cheering him on when he did as they want.  Similar stuff has happened with Hillary/Obama, though Clinton's own nasty rumours campaign hardly needs any more urging on.  Some of it is obviously usual election hysteria = sales thinking, but some of it is the creation of rivalries in order to promote two-horse races in each party, and so control the outcome.

Cain

Thanks.  Of course, I have time to spare, and actually watch many of the 24 hour news channels, just so I can get a first hand feel for this bullshit (I would recommend you not do this.  Get your information elsewhere, like...I don't know, graffiti?  Crazy homeless guys on the corner? Ron Paul fans?  But not the news channels).  I have the time to process all this crap and notice trends.

Cain

I also stalk think-tanks in my spare time (they don't move very fast, easy targets).

Diseris

For those of us keeping score here are the latest numbers from the AP:

In the red trunks weighing in at  5 tons of flax-

"In the overall race for delegates, Romney leads with 59, followed by Huckabee with 40 and McCain with 36. A total of 1,191 delegates are needed to secure the republican nomination."

oddly enough, no report on the reptilian nominee...

McCain wins SC which has been the barometer for the GoP for 28 yrs, while Romney crushes in NV with 95% of the large mormon population  there proping him up for 17 out of 31 delegates as the only Rep campaigning there...

and in the blue trunx, weighing in at 5 tons of flax-

"Clinton leads the overall race for delegates with 236, including separately chosen party and elected officials known as superdelegates. She is followed by Obama with 136 and former Sen. John Edwards with 50.  A total of 2,025 delegates are needed to secure the Democratic nomination."

Overall Hil is 50 delegates above the combined might of Hussein and the shyster...
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Cain

The gap between Romney and Huckabee is much smaller than it is between Hillary and Obama too.

Yay!  Hilllary vs Romney or Huckabee!  Brb, off to slit my wrists.

Diseris

You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

hunter s.durden

Clinton v. Romney

I may have said "Fuck Jesus" one too many times.
I'll take the hit on this one.
This space for rent.

East Coast Hustle

do we have the search feature working now?

I'd like to go back and find the post I made after the '04 elections where I called Romney as the winner in '08.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Search isn't working, but I remember you making that call as well.

AFK

The economy's free-fall is good news for Romney and Hillary. 

I think this is what we call pouring hydrochloric acid into an open wound. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Diseris

Obama is now going after Bill.  Bad move?

He wants to address some facts Bill has stated, but attacking a dude who is a national hero to some could cause more alienation.  He needs a shill to attack Bill or wind up debating a strawman.

Romney will only be interesting until they let out more facts behind the Moron religion.  It's not even as deep as scientology.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Diseris

"Where the hell is Bill?" - Camper Van Beethoven.

Bill, you know, the next first lady...

Cain

Has the media started to refer to Bill and Hillary as "Billary" yet?  They really should, since they're a single political unit, when all is said and done.

AFK

Okay, so in a certain sense I suppose alot of Americans will be proud if we elect Hillary Clinton, the first female president.  (though honestly, I think it should be more along the lines of, what took so long?)

That said, I think there will be a collecive "OFUK!" as soon as they realize that means they also get Bill Clintion as the first, First Husband.  

And on that note, I know Hannity, Rush, O'Reilly, etc., rail against the Hillary candidacy, but don't you think, deep down, they want Hillary to win?  Because think of all the material they will have (true or concocted) with Bubba back in the White House.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.